CharmMurphy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya,
So I'm currently in year 11, and I'm starting the IB at a new school in September. After GCSEs we get a really long summer, but I'm not sure how I'll manage with all that free time, as I'm used to always stressing about something in the holidays :afraid:

Does anyone have any advice for pre-IB preparations that I could do in the summer before I start, or just general advice? (I'm doing English, History and Psychology HL and Maths Studies, French and Biology SL).

I was thinking about exploring different ideas for CAS the EE and doing some research into my question to take off some stress from next year. What did you guys do for CAS/ your EE?

Thanks, Charm
saiuhduas
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CharmMurphy)
Hiya,
So I'm currently in year 11, and I'm starting the IB at a new school in September. After GCSEs we get a really long summer, but I'm not sure how I'll manage with all that free time, as I'm used to always stressing about something in the holidays :afraid:

Does anyone have any advice for pre-IB preparations that I could do in the summer before I start, or just general advice? (I'm doing English, History and Psychology HL and Maths Studies, French and Biology SL).

I was thinking about exploring different ideas for CAS the EE and doing some research into my question to take off some stress from next year. What did you guys do for CAS/ your EE?

Thanks, Charm
i suggest you to get a life, have fun before you start the IB, think about school when you start not before ffs
treust me have fun
elljenk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's important to enjoy the time off, it feels VERY weird after GCSES not having anything to do. Perhaps read up on your courses? There are quite a few online versions of the text books. If you want to start practicing maths try
Jusiak99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiya,

Thanks, Charm
Relax. Seriously IB is ****ing exhausting so enjoy your free time when you can. But my advice for you is: do as much as you can in your first year of IB. Seriously preferably all or the majority of IAs, the EE and TOK presentation and essay. All of them take ****load of time that you should spend studying and in reality it doesn’t matter that you have no idea how to do it. In your final year you won’t be any smarter or more experienced and tbh there’s a big chance you will be writing your IAs in topics you didn’t cover during lessons. So listen to me and do as much as you can in your first years. I had the misfortune of not being aware of that, so my final year I spent trying to write 4 IAs, the EE and TOK essay while simultaneously trying to study. It did not go well.
Ibhelperr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiya,

Thanks, Charm
I definitely agree with everyone else on the fact that you should just relax buutttt my biggest regret during my second year of IB was not finishing my extended essay during the summer because I was under SOOO much stress trying to finish all my internals and studying for exams while still trying to finish it😂 if you choose not to then dont worry you have time but at least pick a topic and start your research/reading.
Good luckkk 💗💗
khushig
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Work on French, find the vocabulary and get it on quiz let
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (190)
24.05%
Pop (192)
24.3%
Jazz (30)
3.8%
Classical (46)
5.82%
Hip-Hop (150)
18.99%
Electronic (53)
6.71%
Indie (129)
16.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise