The Student Room Group

AQA french speaking 9-1

Has anyone done their speaking exam? I’m so scared because I haven’t memorised all mine, any tips? im scared for the photocard and roleplay too!!
Original post by sxhxl
Has anyone done their speaking exam? I’m so scared because I haven’t memorised all mine, any tips? im scared for the photocard and roleplay too!!

I’ve got my german next week, French have already done there’s at my school. Good luck, don’t worry too much about memorisation because it’s too spontaneous the questions they might ask. Plus spontaneity is marked in GC so if you sound like a robot reciting things you’ll get marked down.

I’m bricking it, I’m good at German but I don’t know enough of the specific vocab that’s I rarely use (technology, environment etc.).
Original post by DerivativeName
I’ve got my german next week, French have already done there’s at my school. Good luck, don’t worry too much about memorisation because it’s too spontaneous the questions they might ask. Plus spontaneity is marked in GC so if you sound like a robot reciting things you’ll get marked down.

I’m bricking it, I’m good at German but I don’t know enough of the specific vocab that’s I rarely use (technology, environment etc.).

I’m horrific at french though :frown:
Original post by sxhxl
I’m horrific at french though :frown:

Be confident. That helps me. Remember to stick to the script in the role play and the rest just learn some stock phrases. So I use (in German) stuff like ‘Yes, I think that’s good because it’s important, but my brother believes that it’s awful’. Obviously the structures and good structures might be different for French (ie I use ‘I think that’ because ‘ich denke, dass’ creates a fairly high level structure) but if you lean something like this for any questions you blank on or can’t answer, then you’ll be fine!

Also remember if you blank something on the general conversation you can do a short answer, just remember to be confident in your chosen theme and on a couple of topics in the other themes, so you can move on to something you’re good at.
Be confident. That helps me. Remember to stick to the script in the role play and the rest just learn some stock phrases. So I use (in German) stuff like ‘Yes, I think that’s good because it’s important, but my brother believes that it’s awful’. Obviously the structures and good structures might be different for French (ie I use ‘I think that’ because ‘ich denke, dass’ creates a fairly high level structure) but if you lean something like this for any questions you blank on or can’t answer, then you’ll be fine!

Also remember if you blank something on the general conversation you can do a short answer, just remember to be confident in your chosen theme and on a couple of topics in the other themes, so you can move on to something you’re good at.

Danke schön :wink:
Original post by sxhxl
Danke schön :wink:

Bitte schön

is your french AQA board ?xx
Original post by nisha.sri
is your french AQA board ?xx

Yeah I think so. My german is so I presume the French is the same.
Yeah I think so. My german is so I presume the French is the same.

how was the french speaking ?
Reply 9
Will my teacher be able to give me a rough mark after the exam is over?
Original post by IbbyLds
Will my teacher be able to give me a rough mark after the exam is over?

Not mark but they’ll probably let you know if you did well or not.

Quick Reply

Latest