The Student Room Group

Last minute gcse cramming success’?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lol0902
I crammed everytbing the night before. I had never revised history outside of lesson until the night before my exam and I got 100 UMS on one of the papers and over 90 UMS on the other two. I crammed so much the night before each exam and came out with A*’s in everything, an 8 in Maths and 7’s in English Language and Literature. When I say cramming tho it was intensive as in I would sit for hours and not move. I know it may not be effective long term but it pays off grade wise as I got highest grades in my year. Just make sure that when you cram it’s effective and you’re not just reading. I liked to make mind maps and use lots of coloured pens so I can remember the colours of topics etc. It’s just what works best for you:smile: (if anyone is wondering my options were triple science history sport and drama)

Do you just sit there and repeat things over and over again until they stick?
for science i just printed off the spec and revised from that a day before actual exam :smile: i still passed though! i would say revise as early as possible though and dont leave it last minute as it just adds to your stress!
I'm cramming my mock revision and have mocks for 2 weeks starting on the 7th. If I get at least one 8, Ill be happy.
Original post by t0m.hun13r

Yes basically:smile:
Original post by t0m.hun13r

Unfortunately. You can try make it as interesting as you want, but you won't able to. GCSE's are made to bore yourself to death.
Reply 45
I got two 5s, one 7, three 8s & four 9s with no real revision until a few days or so before each exam. Unfortunately tried doing the same in my A-Level mocks and got 2 Us and an E.

gcse's are piss easy.
Reply 46
Legit crammed the day before exams for all subjects apart from Biology and Chemistry where I crammed the weekend before.
Got all A*s apart from 1 A and 1 B.
loool update on my own thread:
I crammed business, RS & geography and i got 7's in all of them, as long as the subject isn't thaaat content heavy you'll be fine-wouldn't recommend cramming for sciences though. Good luck everyone.
LOL...I revised for RS the night before and walked out with a 9... mt friends faces were so funny. They spent the whole year revising but only got a 7/8.
Original post by Connor1234321
uIve ****ed about all my life at school but knuckled down for these,
sorry mate but your ****ed with cramming, its **** you need structure GCSES are harder this year so no chance concentrate maths and
english, I revise 5 a day

Not necessarily. There have been many cramming/success stories for reformed GCSEs. A user, @thekidwhogames, actually said himself that they were prone to cramming. He has more than enough of a chance to succeed.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Tolgarda
Not necessarily. There have been many cramming/success stories for reformed GCSEs. A user, @thekidwhogames, actually said himself that they were prone to cramming. He has more than enough of a chance to succeed.

Yeah I ended up cramming and did well so I think it's quite effective as long as you're cramming a few hours before the test and reading it well.
Original post by Hiraeth.
my first exam is in 19 days which is RS Christianity

Judging by the replies I assume theirs been no success stories when cramming revision. good luck!

lol...that isn't true tho. I slept through all the my RS lessons and crammed the night before and walked out with a none. RS is easy though.... don't do that for other subjects!

Quick Reply

Latest