username3774332
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The best introduction and conclusion for the theme of Appearance vs Reality in 'Macbeth'.
ShanePotticary14
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by I'mComingOxford)
The best introduction and conclusion for the theme of Appearance vs Reality in 'Macbeth'.
I doubt someone will 'give' you an introduction and conclusion to that theme, but what's best is that you research the topic yourself because you need to thoroughly understand that theme for your exams etc. Best thing to do is simply google it and watch some YouTube videos on the topic and just spend time understanding the topic uno. An example is where Macbeth prepares his home for Duncan to arrive at his castle by creating a calm and serene environment whereas in reality he is planning to kill Duncan there. Or there is where after Macbeth and Lady Macbeth discover Duncan's dead body, and act all shocked and astounded by it, but in reality they committed the act themselves.

In your introduction talk about the events that Macbeth and Lady Macbeth make look like they are in a good light, but in reality they are casting a great shadow where they plan to do something treacherous and evil. Talk about the examples that I have given you and what else is in the text.
For the conclusion, talk about HOW Macbeth manages to create this theme for the audience and the other characters in the play, and then talk about how u feel it impact you. Did the intended effect work? Did you see a clear difference between what Shakespeare tried to make to what you knew would arise in future events in play?

Asking for answers will never help you learn. Putting answers together and understanding what your writing and doing will help you learn. Good luck in writing your intro and conclusion!
username3774332
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ShanePotticary14)
I doubt someone will 'give' you an introduction and conclusion to that theme, but what's best is that you research the topic yourself because you need to thoroughly understand that theme for your exams etc. Best thing to do is simply google it and watch some YouTube videos on the topic and just spend time understanding the topic uno. An example is where Macbeth prepares his home for Duncan to arrive at his castle by creating a calm and serene environment whereas in reality he is planning to kill Duncan there. Or there is where after Macbeth and Lady Macbeth discover Duncan's dead body, and act all shocked and astounded by it, but in reality they committed the act themselves.

In your introduction talk about the events that Macbeth and Lady Macbeth make look like they are in a good light, but in reality they are casting a great shadow where they plan to do something treacherous and evil. Talk about the examples that I have given you and what else is in the text.
For the conclusion, talk about HOW Macbeth manages to create this theme for the audience and the other characters in the play, and then talk about how u feel it impact you. Did the intended effect work? Did you see a clear difference between what Shakespeare tried to make to what you knew would arise in future events in play?

Asking for answers will never help you learn. Putting answers together and understanding what your writing and doing will help you learn. Good luck in writing your intro and conclusion!
ty our teacher told us to not worry about intro ut the A0's but my mate got a high mark(i got higher lol) by doing a good conclusion. I'mm write above Macbeth and L. M acting good and their 'deep' desires are concealed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (6)
7.59%
Disagree (5)
6.33%
Neither agree or disagree (22)
27.85%
Agree (32)
40.51%
Strongly Agree (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads