The Student Room Group

Are my GCSEs good enough for Cambridge Maths?

Hello

I got a 9 in Maths, and an A in physics at GCSE, but only just passed English. Will this have a negative effect on my chances?
I'm optimistic about getting A*s in Maths (and Further) and Physics at A-level so that's not an issue, but I feel my laziness and hatred of revision in the past may come back to haunt me.
Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by AdamCummings
Hello

I got a 9 in Maths, and an A in physics at GCSE, but only just passed English. Will this have a negative effect on my chances?
I'm optimistic about getting A*s in Maths (and Further) and Physics at A-level so that's not an issue, but I feel my laziness and hatred of revision in the past may come back to haunt me.
Thanks.

It's one of these thread again :colonhash:
Just passing english? Yes it will affect your application, maybe not hugely so but it could
Oxford look at gcses more ( or so I hear )
Original post by Issakatie
Oxford look at gcses more ( or so I hear )
that I've heard also
Reply 5
Original post by AdamCummings
Hello

Thanks.

Cambridge is only really interested in your Maths.

You're fine so far, but being lazy won't help you with STEP, and a Cambridge Tripos...

Quick Reply

Latest