Unit 4 Health and Social Care External Assessment - Urgent advice/tips please Watch

tri-ciaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I study BTEC health and social care - it's the new syllabus so unit 4 is the external assessment. Part A is the research and Part B is the exam. There are two different articles. I chose the 'Gamechanger' pill for asthma patients.

We are doing Part A now and I have made notes of the secondary resources I have found, however, the information in other related articles have the same/similar information (of course).
Also, I have used citations from researchers, experts and patients as well as statistics. I just hope that I'm not doing anything wrong. If anyone has any useful and helpful advice/tips on how to do or improve research, please let me know as the notes are the biggest part when I will sit the exam.
This is my first time doing this type of assessment and I am very determined to achieve high points.

Also, I believe we need to have lines of enquiry. If anyone has any good examples on the topic of asthma, could you please also let me know? As I'm sort of struggling with that.

Thank you to anyone for any help. I'd very much appreciate it. (Sorry if anything wasn't clear enough)
Some-where
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, im sitting the exam today and im soo scared. I guess the only thing to do is ensure that the 6 sides of notes are fully linked to the article (I chose asthma to!) my teacher advised us when answering questions always link back to the question as it will show that you have read and understood the question. For articles I have found that most are the same and I guess we have to just use them, but write it in a way where you can justify how well its been used. Sorry if this is no helpGood luck, hope we both smash it
tri-ciaa
Rep:
?
Hi,
I'm surprised someone actually replied because I couldn't find the message I posted hahaha.
Thank you very much for the advice either way . I hope both of us did well. I bet you smashed it and get the grade you deserve after all the hard work.
Have a fab day and good luck if you've any more exams.
Some-where
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Awwww bless you, Good luck for any other exams you have to! Btw how did you find the exam? Was it what you were expecting?
carly13433
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Some-where)
Hi, im sitting the exam today and im soo scared. I guess the only thing to do is ensure that the 6 sides of notes are fully linked to the article (I chose asthma to!) my teacher advised us when answering questions always link back to the question as it will show that you have read and understood the question. For articles I have found that most are the same and I guess we have to just use them, but write it in a way where you can justify how well its been used. Sorry if this is no helpGood luck, hope we both smash it
how did the exam go? any advice
tri-ciaa
Rep:
?
Awwww bless you, Good luck for any other exams you have to! Btw how did you find the exam? Was it what you were expecting?
Thank youu! I was nervous about questions being too complex but they were fine and I managed to answer them, hopefully, they "like" me enough
I remember my teacher reminding us that there might be a question asking for implications - there was!
Wbu, what did you think of it?
tri-ciaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by carly13433)
my exam was 3 hrs - not sure if yours will be too but..

-don't panic
-divide your time between each question
-use your notes
-read questions properly
-don't write unnecessary information (can waste your time)
-also, don't get overwhelmed by how many pages they give you to write your answer

hope this helps and good luck!
Some-where
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by carly13433)
I think its went quite good. My advice is to look at the sample exam questions that exam boards give because it was almost identical to the exam
Some-where
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Surprisingly it was not as bad as I thought. I found myself rushing the 2nd question but had more time to do the implications question! Lets hope the marks make up for it since the last question was worth 20marks😭
tri-ciaa
Rep:
?
Surprisingly it was not as bad as I thought. I found myself rushing the 2nd question but had more time to do the implications question! Lets hope the marks make up for it since the last question was worth 20marks😭
omgg that 20 mark question shocked me a little as I saw the other ones were 15 and forgot the last question had more. Fingers crossed we all did well!
Annie30928
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hi, i dont know if you will reply because thiswas a year ago. but now im doing the exam as well thisyear and i wanted some advice on the notes . so so far i have only copied some sources down and also any statistics that are written in the article but thats it. I dont really know what im supposed to add. Did you write also the methods of research, ethical isuues, methodologies used?
nino1008
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hey i’m doing this unit now, and i don’t know what to do either, have you done the health or social article?
Student_a12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Busy
Student_a12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nino1008)
hey i’m doing this unit now, and i don’t know what to do either, have you one the health or social article?
Hiya I chose health schizophrenia however I’m so stuck😭 on it I don’t know how to structure the questions in the exam and part A
nino1008
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Student_a12)
Hiya I chose health schizophrenia however I’m so stuck😭 on it I don’t know how to structure the questions in the exam and part A
i’m choosing that one aswell (: i’m so stuck too, i just know we have to find websites that could be useful but i have no idea what i’m still doing aha. How’s it going for you?
Student_a12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i’m choosing that one aswell (: i’m so stuck too, i just know we have too find websites that could be useful but i have no idea what i’m still doing aha. How’s it going for you?
I feel like I’ve found the article for the secondary source but still struggling to write notes eventhough I know the methods etc
Student_a12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I feel like I’ve found the article for the secondary source but still struggling to write notes eventhough I know the methods etc
How about you ?
nino1008
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How about you ?
i have no idea on what to do, at the moment everyone is just looking at websites with information to do with the article but i don’t actually know what to do in the notes either? have you started doing the 4 pages notes? and what do you mean the methods
Student_a12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i have no idea on what to do, at the moment everyone is just looking at websites with information to do with the article but i don’t actually know what to do in the notes either? have you started doing the 4 pages notes? and what do you mean the methods
Like methods is what research methods used questionnaires , interviews etc. And I think the notes you just write about the methods, why they did research and implication but I don’t understand what to do exactly
nino1008
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Like methods is what research methods used questionnaires , interviews etc. And I think the notes you just write about the methods, why they did research and implication but I don’t understand what to do exactly
oh i thought in notes we write about what the sources suggest, like facts. My teacher told me we weren’t allowed to write about the methods as that’s help towards the exam questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (275)
48.16%
No (65)
11.38%
I'm not old enough (231)
40.46%

Watched Threads