The Student Room Group

Would you date a vegetarian ?

I’m a vegetarian and I was wondering if people would have problems with dating one? To be honest I really dating a meat eater isn’t a problem for me. Would like to hear different opinions c:
Why not? As long as they don't force me to stop eating meat or constantly try to persuade me to become vegetarian I am fine. Someone who respects me as me and does not want to change me.
Reply 2
Cooking for them would be annoying :s-smilie: I don't know what vegetarians eat
Yeah I agree with monkeyman0121, as long as you both respect each other and respect what you choose and not choose to eat then you should be perfectly fine.
Reply 4
Original post by Sataris
Cooking for them would be annoying :s-smilie: I don't know what vegetarians eat

We eat grass.
I'm a vegetarian and never really had a problem with carnivores. As long as they don't try to kiss me straight after eating fish or something, because that's just disgusting.
Original post by marshmello
I’m a vegetarian and I was wondering if people would have problems with dating one? To be honest I really dating a meat eater isn’t a problem for me. Would like to hear different opinions c:

I think it’s usually the opposite. I can’t stand watching people eat red meat.
Reply 7
Original post by marshmello

To be honest I'd struggle to date someone who wasn't willing to REDUCE (over time) or at least think about their meat consumption... so if they wouldn't date me as a vegetarian then we obviously aren't a good match!
Reply 8
Original post by monkeyman0121
Why not? As long as they don't force me to stop eating meat or constantly try to persuade me to become vegetarian I am fine. Someone who respects me as me and does not want to change me.

Original post by alicesmiloves
Yeah I agree with monkeyman0121, as long as you both respect each other and respect what you choose and not choose to eat then you should be perfectly fine.

I think that's an issue because I have no respect for the notion of mass-slaughtering animals so that we can eat them at a rate never before seen in human history.

I could date a meat eater who ate a reasonable amount of meat. Once or twice a week, as the luxury it should be.

Sensible meat eaters are fine.
Reply 9
A lot of the things I enjoy doing with my partner involve food. We go to street food nights and restaurants very often, and we cook together a lot. Of course our tastes aren't exactly the same (for example, he loves spicy food and I just can't handle it). But generally, we like roughly the same things, and a lot of that is meat. Meat is a huge part of my diet. If I dated a vegetarian, about 90% of the things I like to eat and 90% the food-related activities I like to do would be off-limits.

So no, I wouldn't date a vegetarian or vegan, but not out of some kind of moral disagreement, but simply a case of inconvenience and not being able to eat together.
so long as you're not one of those annoying vegetarians who condemns people for eating meat and tried to convert me, i'd have no problem with it
Yeah, sure. Going vegetarian would have to be my choice though. If you value not eating meal and that person does not want to be a vegetarian, it is probably best for both parties to part their ways.
marshmello, it's good to see someone from the How to Not Die (great book BTW) school of food consumption.

Once upon a time your vegetarianism would have been an issue for me. But now I'm a bit wiser when it comes to food and I'd rather date a vegetarian than someone that's an excessive carnivore (the sort of person that thinks a meal's not a proper meal unless it includes a lump of flesh).
As long as they are willing to eat much meat.

Quick Reply

Latest