The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

University of Manchester or ICL : postgraduate Artificial Intelligence course ?

I will need to select a firm choice and I am confused about choosing between The University of Manchester (UoM) and Imperial College London (ICL) for and MEng Artificial intelligence course. Both are excellent institutes. Would someone be able to outline the advantages of each ?

UoM min. requirement : A*A*A
4 years

ICL min. requirement : A*AA
4 years
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by L3441N
I will need to select a firm choice and I am confused about choosing between The University of Manchester (UoM) and Imperial College London (ICL). Both are excellent institutes. Would someone be able to outline the advantages of each ?

UoM min. requirement : A*A*A
4 years

ICL min. requirement : A*AA
4 years

Postgraduate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury

I am planning on doing a MSc artificial intelligence course for the duration of 4 years in either uni .
Reply 3
Original post by L3441N
I am planning on doing a MSc artificial intelligence course for the duration of 4 years in either uni .

I think you mean MEng - that's a 4 year integrated masters but is still described as an undergraduate degree.

An MSc is a one year postgrad studied after a BSc.

Anyway, which course do you prefer, and have you visited both universities?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Doonesbury
I don't need to choose, you do... :smile:

Which course do you prefer, and have you visited the universities?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am equally interested by both . I need help outweighing positives of each uni. Thanks ☺️
Reply 7
Original post by L3441N
I am equally interested by both . I need help outweighing positives of each uni. Thanks ☺️

Have. You. Visited. Them?

Which do *you* prefer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you think about living in London vs Manchester? Can you afford to live in London (considering not only the university accommodation prices in first year, but whether accom is provided for the whole course, and transport and living e.g. food etc costs)?

Have you looked at the individual course structures - does one offer some options of particular interest that the other doesn't? Is this outweighed by other aspects of the course?

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending