English Language A Edexcel IGCSE Predictions?

Watch
Luciferrr
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I think it's already time for all of us to bring out an anthology text prediction for the May/June 2018 Exams. What are your predictions for both paper 1 and 2?
alicewarren
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
R u referring to the anthology with Chinese Cinderella and Passage to Africa in it?? If we're talking about the same one I'm so ****ed. I hope it's not Chinese Cinderella or one one about being Young and Dyslexic.
Luciferrr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Yes, I'm talking about Anthology. Yeah, Chinese Cinderella is long text so far and it just gets on my nerves. I just hope some easy text appears.
anomalyhate
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hate edexelled - anomaly hate >;(
KawaiiArtist
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've been through all the papers that are unlocked and these are the anthologies that have came up already:

Passage to Africa
Game of polo with a headless goat: twice
Explorers daughter
Explorers or boys messing about: twice
Chinese Cinderella: twice
Between a rock and a hard place: twice, plus it was in the new spec materials so most definitely won't come up.

Disabled: twice
Whistle and I'll come to you: In the spec materials.
An unknown girl
Out Out

So I guess focus more on the anthologies that haven't came up yet or only came up once.
hi.daisy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by KawaiiArtist)
I've been through all the papers that are unlocked and these are the anthologies that have came up already:

Passage to Africa
Explorers daughter
Between a rock and a hard place: twice, plus it was in the new spec materials so most definitely won't come up.

An unknown girl
Out Out

So I guess focus more on the anthologies that haven't came up yet or only came up once.
Thanks for this! Does anyone know which texts are new for the new spec? Our teacher has suggested that these are more likely to come up
KawaiiArtist
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hi.daisy)
Thanks for this! Does anyone know which texts are new for the new spec? Our teacher has suggested that these are more likely to come up
For paper one these are the new ones:

The Danger of a single story
Young and Dyslexic
Beyond the sky and the earth
H is for hawk

I think it's likely one of these four will come up, and my teacher thinks the danger of a single story and young and dyslexic are the ones most likely to come up because of the kind of themes in them, and they they're kind of on contemporary issues that have never came up in the anthologies before.
Arjun Raythatha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Passage to Africa
Explorers daughter

An unknown girl
Out Out

Thanks man
Dr. Doc Thor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anone know which anthology text came up in the specimen paper (not the sample) ? Thanks
TwinkieBear
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For paper one these are the new ones:

The Danger of a single story
Young and Dyslexic
Beyond the sky and the earth
H is for hawk

I think it's likely one of these four will come up, and my teacher thinks the danger of a single story and young and dyslexic are the ones most likely to come up because of the kind of themes in them, and they they're kind of on contemporary issues that have never came up in the anthologies before.
Hey, Do u have notes on the new specification anthologies? If u do, can u please share it? It would be a great help!
KawaiiArtist
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TwinkieBear)
Hey, Do u have notes on the new specification anthologies? If u do, can u please share it? It would be a great help!
I used the videos on this channel to make notes for Young and Dyslexic and The Danger of a Single Story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg...OhFU_aztonzCEg

If I get the time I'll type up my notes on the other two.
Hope that helps x
TwinkieBear
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I used the videos on this channel to make notes for Young and Dyslexic and The Danger of a Single Story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg...OhFU_aztonzCEg

If I get the time I'll type up my notes on the other two.
Hope that helps x
Hey, Thanks a lot! This would help a lot!
Yah please it would be a great help too
KawaiiArtist
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did the exam go for everyone? I thought it was ok... But H is for Hawk isn't really my favourite anthology in the world. What did everyone choose for the last question?
charcharlewis
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did the exam go for everyone? I thought it was ok... But H is for Hawk isn't really my favourite anthology in the world. What did everyone choose for the last question?
it was ok, but in general i dont like h for hawk, it was quite easily compared to the unseen text though i guess. i picked the planet question xx
Iravenhill
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is really useful thanks 🙏🏼

Passage to Africa
Explorers daughter

An unknown girl
Out Out

Than
(Original post by hi.daisy)
KawaiiArtist
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Iravenhill)
This is really useful thanks 🙏🏼

Than
No problem. Don't forget to add the anthologies that came up in 2018 to the list. Best wishes for your exam xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (211)
74.82%
No (71)
25.18%

Watched Threads