Bath OR Warwick for Computer Science? Need help choosing university :S

Watch
NyTrOuS28
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have 4 conditional offers, Bath, Warwick, York and Surrey (they are in order of grade requirement), and I've got to choose 2 universities now. I've thought of picking York as my second choice (they ask me AAB) and Bath or Warwick as my first choice (both ask me for AAA). Problem is that I don't know which one of those 2 I should pick as my first choice. I've looked around in forums and the majority of ppl say Warwick has more prestige, tho I suppose Bath has more facilities (I mean that the university is inside Bath, and 10min away from Bristol right?). What do you think?

Any help is appreciated )
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NyTrOuS28)
I have 4 conditional offers, Bath, Warwick, York and Surrey (they are in order of grade requirement), and I've got to choose 2 universities now. I've thought of picking York as my second choice (they ask me AAB) and Bath or Warwick as my first choice (both ask me for AAA). Problem is that I don't know which one of those 2 I should pick as my first choice. I've looked around in forums and the majority of ppl say Warwick has more prestige, tho I suppose Bath has more facilities (I mean that the university is inside Bath, and 10min away from Bristol right?). What do you think?

Any help is appreciated )
Prestige means nothing and distance from Bristol is not going to affect your future career. How do the courses compare?
NyTrOuS28
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
Prestige means nothing and distance from Bristol is not going to affect your future career. How do the courses compare?
I really don’t know. I read over and over again both courses but can’t differentiate which one is “better” or best for me. What I do know is that I like the more practical stuff, and some weeks before I read someone say that the course in Warwick is very practical but I don’t know if I should trust that comment. What do you think I should do?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NyTrOuS28)
I really don’t know. I read over and over again both courses but can’t differentiate which one is “better” or best for me. What I do know is that I like the more practical stuff, and some weeks before I read someone say that the course in Warwick is very practical but I don’t know if I should trust that comment. What do you think I should do?
If you have read the course structures thoroughly you will be able to work out which one is more practical. Does one course have more options than the other or cover topics that the other doesn't that you have an interest in. The differences will be in things like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (638)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads