The Student Room Group

Should I cut contact with 15 year old girl? I'm 19 guy

Hi guys,

So basically I signed to this dating site called Badoo. I got chatting to this girl who stated that she was 18 on her profile (minimum age allowed on site). After a few days, she then admitted that she was 15 and she wants me to go and meet her (25-mile journey, but easily accessible by train). Now she seems nice, but I don't intend to meet her because of the age gap, and what my friends and family would think. I enjoy messaging her though. So my question is should I just cut contact with her now, and not put her through me telling her that I won't be traveling down to see her?.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you meet her and she claims something happened, you will most likely go to jail.
Reply 2
Cut contact immediately, unless you want to show up on one of those "nonce hunter" videos. Just tell her that you don't want to meet her because she lied to you about how old she was and then block her on everything.
Reply 3
Original post by ma_long
If you meet her and she claims something happened, you will most likely go to jail.

Ah sorry, I forgot to say that I've already said that if we do meet I will not "do" anything with her until she's 16 and she agreed to that.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Ah sorry, I forgot to say that I've already said that if we do meet I will not "do" anything with her until she's 16 and she agreed to that.

It's not worth it man, you don't know her intentions. All it takes is one false allegation and you have an arrest warrant on your back, they use the convo as evidence of grooming and you end up in jail and on the sex offenders register.
Reply 5
Original post by Erebus_C
Cut contact immediately, unless you want to show up on one of those "nonce hunter" videos. Just tell her that you don't want to meet her because she lied to you about how old she was and then block her on everything.

Okay, thanks for the advice
You should cut all contact immediately. You are an adult talking with a child via private messaging on a dating site, how can you not see all the various red flag warning signs there and how wrong this all is?
Reply 7
Original post by ma_long
It's not worth it man, you don't know her intentions. All it takes is one false allegation and you have an arrest warrant on your back, they use the convo as evidence of grooming and you end up in jail and on the sex offenders register.

Ah, that doesn't sound good. I think I'm going to take your advice thanks.
cut contact
Reply 9
Original post by toronto353
You should cut all contact immediately. You are an adult talking with a child via private messaging on a dating site, how can you not see all the various red flag warning signs there and how wrong this all is?

I agree, OP is letting emotions get in the way of rationality. We don't know the intentions of the girl, they may be sincere or not. OP can be trapped very easily over a false allegation or two.
Yeah, definitely cut contact. Just be nice and say although she seems lovely, the age gap is too much and that you hope she finds someone closer to her own age, or something along those lines.
LOL

Do you think a 15 year old would go on badoo? its clearly the internet interceptors or them pedophile catchers trying to get you hahahah
Original post by toronto353

Okay, thanks for the advice. I didn't cut contact initially because I came across a different forum where the consensus was a 19 year old dating a 15-year-old wasn't wrong, but acceptable.
Original post by anonymouspatel
cut contact

Okay, I think I'm going to do this.
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, thanks for the advice. I didn't cut contact initially because I came across a different forum where the consensus was a 19 year old dating a 15-year-old wasn't wrong, but acceptable.

A 19 year old having sexual relations with a 15 year old would get the 19 year old sent to jail for having sex with a minor.
Original post by bones-mccoy
Yeah, definitely cut contact. Just be nice and say although she seems lovely, the age gap is too much and that you hope she finds someone closer to her own age, or something along those lines.

Yeah that sounds about right.
Honestly, the fact that your family and friends wont like it or that if anything was to happen you could go to prison shouldn't be deciding factors here. You are a grown man, why are you even interested in a relationship with a child? Yes, a child. One who clearly isn't mature enough to know that beginning a relationship based on a huge lie is a completely stupid and immoral thing to do. Get out of this unhealthy relationship, cut contact entirely and meet someone who is actually on the same level as you. There is a huge difference between 15 and 19, mentally and emotionally. If you were to pursue any type of relationship, in person or online, you would be taking advantage of a vulnerable person.
Original post by Quiet Benin
LOL

Do you think a 15 year old would go on badoo? its clearly the internet interceptors or them pedophile catchers trying to get you hahahah

Well she said she met a few guys from there and when we chat she often brings up non sexual topics like religion etc , so not sure about that. But yeah I think I will definitely cut contact.
Original post by anonymous
okay, i think i'm going to do this.

thank you,
patel
xoxoxoxoxo
Original post by Hanalicee
Honestly, the fact that your family and friends wont like it or that if anything was to happen you could go to prison shouldn't be deciding factors here. You are a grown man, why are you even interested in a relationship with a child? Yes, a child. One who clearly isn't mature enough to know that beginning a relationship based on a huge lie is a completely stupid and immoral thing to do. Get out of this unhealthy relationship, cut contact entirely and meet someone who is actually on the same level as you. There is a huge difference between 15 and 19, mentally and emotionally. If you were to pursue any type of relationship, in person or online, you would be taking advantage of a vulnerable person.

Okay I think I will do what you just said. As I replied before to another user, my instinct was to cut contact but then I found another forum where the consensus was that a 19-year-old dating a 15-year-old was okay.

Quick Reply