The Student Room Group

Feeling harassed by ex's mates

So I recently split up with my now ex after seeing him for about 5 months, and he started seeing a new girl less than a month after we broke up. Which, I have to admit, upset me a lot. But I put it behind me and continued to enjoy my new found freedom with my friends on nights out at uni.

However, everytime I walk past my ex or his mates, they are starting to harass me literally everytime. Whether it's just by saying 'oh she's there' really loudly as I walk past or 'look who it is'. Or it can go as far as singling out my mates and annoying them or even pushing us about as we walk past them. I think it's so uncalled for - especially since he's the one who basically ended the relationship because he couldn't put the effort in anymore.

It's starting to give me anxiety about going out where they might be - even though I never respond to their taunts anyway because I don't want to encourage them to do it more. I just don't know what to do, I don't know why they're acting this way given he's already got a new girl and he broke it off... I let go, so why hasn't he done that too?
I’d take it as a compliment in opinion. You’re still on their minds which means you’re unforgettable :smile:

Best thing you can do is just ignore them because they’ll get bored over time. They sound like petty people and you just need to focus on your friends and uni.
What pathetic people. Take it as a blessing that you broke up with him. Just ignore them and tell a staff member at uni because they are basically harassing you. Don’t stop living your life for them and don’t let it affect you. Go wherever you want even if they are there as if you start avoiding them places you give them power. And if they don’t stop, start playing their game on them: laugh at them, mock them, push them etc, so they know how it feels. Hopefully them idiots will stop annoying you 🌸
Amazing that people old enough to go to uni are capable of such childish behaviour
(Beats me what sort of campus a guy can shove a girl on and not instantly have their arm bent up his back and dragged to an office, if they're lucky)
Reply 5
Yes I agree, I'm 21, and these guys range in age from 19-25
Original post by bones-mccoy
Amazing that people old enough to go to uni are capable of such childish behaviour

In fairness, it is usually in bars or nightclubs off of campus where it tends to be busy and I suppose the bouncers/staff don't notice
Original post by StriderHort
(Beats me what sort of campus a guy can shove a girl on and not instantly have their arm bent up his back and dragged to an office, if they're lucky)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending