The Student Room Group

University of Sussex or IDS or Barcelona GSE or Sciences PO?

Hi people

I have done Bachelors and Masters in Economics from Delhi University and Jamia Millia Islamia respectively. I have 5.5 years of experience in Research/ Analytics/ Development sector. I have got through 4 courses for 1 year masters

1. MA Governance, Public Policy and Development at Institute for Development Studies (IDS), University of Sussex, UK.
2. MSc. Development Economics at School of Business, Management and Economics at University of Sussex, UK
3. Masters in International Finance, Trade and Development at Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
4. Masters in Advanced Global Studies with specialization in ‘International Economic Policy’at Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA), Sciences PO University, France.

I wanted to know which course and University to opt for considering I am looking at a career in Policy Research and Analysis/ Development Research etc.

Any advice on this would be very helpful in helping me decide.

Thanks
Original post by rt2030
Hi people

I have done Bachelors and Masters in Economics from Delhi University and Jamia Millia Islamia respectively. I have 5.5 years of experience in Research/ Analytics/ Development sector. I have got through 4 courses for 1 year masters

1. MA Governance, Public Policy and Development at Institute for Development Studies (IDS), University of Sussex, UK.
2. MSc. Development Economics at School of Business, Management and Economics at University of Sussex, UK
3. Masters in International Finance, Trade and Development at Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
4. Masters in Advanced Global Studies with specialization in ‘International Economic Policy’at Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA), Sciences PO University, France.

I wanted to know which course and University to opt for considering I am looking at a career in Policy Research and Analysis/ Development Research etc.

Any advice on this would be very helpful in helping me decide.

Thanks

They all look like different courses. Think about how the courses meet you academic needs and where grads end up.
Reply 2
The course at BGSE has some electives related to development economics which is why am still confused. Between that and MSC in Dev eco at Sussex, what should be a clear preference?
Original post by rt2030
The course at BGSE has some electives related to development economics which is why am still confused. Between that and MSC in Dev eco at Sussex, what should be a clear preference?

At this level you really should know what you want to study and why. Only you can work out which one meets your academic needs better.
Reply 4
Hi, I needed similar guidance. Just wanted to know what did you choose at the end and why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending