Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of Kayne West support for Donald Trump and calling him bro? watch

ReputationRep:
    What are his motivations? Was Kayne West always a populist conservative Republican? Maybe he wants to move into politics after 2020?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ban Enquiry)
    What are his motivations? Was Kayne West always a populist conservative Republican? Maybe he wants to move into politics after 2020?
    who caressssssssssss
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Don't care about either of them, so in other words IT DOES NOT CONCERN ME.
    I would say it's a match made in heaven tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choco_monsterxo)
    who caressssssssssss
    I care, President Donald Trump (or any other US President) is the most powerful person in the world. And Kayne West is an influential musician, some would call him "lyrical genius" or "voice of the generation"

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Don't care about either of them, so in other words IT DOES NOT CONCERN ME.
    I would say it's a match made in heaven tbh
    Oh it is..

ReputationRep:
    i havent heard this guys music but from the little I have heard about the guy I really like.

he apparently claimed to be god and someone said just who do he thinks he is
    to which he replied
    I just told you wern't listening.

awesome I love that kind of zinger arrogance hes got personality, and a in your face sort of gazumption.

I also dont think we should be deciding to like or dislike someone because of what politicians they support. instead we should judge people by what they themselves say and do.

Kayne west seems alright to me.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    He named his child North.:indiff:

Surely we shouldn't be surprised if he makes bad political choices too.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Meh. He’ll be forced to apologise like Shania Twain was by the so called liberals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)

Surely we shouldn't be surprised if he makee bad political choices too.
    Wow I didn't know that, why "North"? The child is called North West?

(Original post by Andrew97)
    Meh. He’ll be forced to apologise like Shania Twain was by the so called liberals.
    How will they force him to apologise and for what?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wow I didn't know that, why "North"? The child is called North West?
    Yes. And I have no idea why.

ReputationRep:
    Both first class *****
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I will never understand why people listen to this man, he may be likeable, popular and a 'musician' (debatable) but what gives him authority on subjects he clearly has little interest, experience or knowledge of? Why should I care about his opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashkent46)
    I will never understand why people listen to this man, he may be likeable, popular and a 'musician' (debatable) but what gives him authority on subjects he clearly has little interest, experience or knowledge of? Why should I care about his opinions?
    Well he has huge follower base, for tens of millions of people he is some kind of figure of authority.

ReputationRep:
    Well he has huge follower base, for tens of millions of people he is some kind of figure of authority.
    Yes he is, but when it comes down to it: Would people trust him making huge decisions? Health? Military? Child welfare? Unemployment? He's funny but so are clowns, and clowns have a way of being abandoned when the fair ends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)

Surely we shouldn't be surprised if he makee bad political choices too.
    Tbf I think Saint has it a lot worse than North. He's his father's son and has a name that really highlights his dad's narcissism.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Volibear)
    Tbf I think Saint has it a lot worse than North. He's his father's son and has a name that really highlights his dad's narcissism.
    His Dad probably thought it was a first name, like for Mr George, and Mr Peter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashkent46)
    Yes he is, but when it comes down to it: Would people trust him making huge decisions? Health? Military? Child welfare? Unemployment? He's funny but so are clowns, and clowns have a way of being abandoned when the fair ends.
    It's funny when you put it this way and I agree, but I can actually see Kayne West in the administration, if for not other reason then for the lulz, or as the Irish say 'for the craic'.

ReputationRep:
    What's amusing is the total disdain the US political right has for any / every celebrity - and calls people out for listening to them..... Until a member of that class supports them, at which point they're the best thing since sliced bread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    What's amusing is the total disdain the US political right has for any / every celebrity - and calls people out for listening to them..... Until a member of that class supports them, at which point they're the best thing since sliced bread.
    That's fair observation but up to this point the vast majority of celebrities have been quite left wing. And of course the critique of Kayne West is from the Left now

ReputationRep:
    Kanye is clearly going through a rough time, and this only further confirms it.

Honestly though, I think Kanye is incredibly smart. He made it clear he doesn't agree 100% with Trump but damn, turn the media off, stop believing all the BS you read and Trump isn't half bad. Get your pants out of a twist and try to work with the guy instead of against. Work with Trump and you make progress as Theresa demonstrated and Macron is just learning, work against him and well... Need I point out where that gets you? Precisely nowhere

ReputationRep:
    That's fair observation but up to this point the vast majority of celebrities have been quite left wing. And of course the critique of Kayne West is from the Left now
    When Michelle Obama was speaking to the rapper Common the GOP went mental, suggesting that this was basically treason, that someone from the hip hop world and all it involves shouldn't be anywhere near the White House or the people who reside in it.

There's no "but". It's nothing more than rank hypocrisy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 29, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.