The Student Room Group

Changing universities

Hi,

I am potentially looking to change universities to continue my postgraduate study as I am not happy with the university I am currently attending. I have almost finished my first year of part time study (60 credits) so have another year left. The fees would be different for a different university. Can you tell me if it's possible to add to my student loan given the potential change in circumstances?
Original post by lcc86
Hi,

I am potentially looking to change universities to continue my postgraduate study as I am not happy with the university I am currently attending. I have almost finished my first year of part time study (60 credits) so have another year left. The fees would be different for a different university. Can you tell me if it's possible to add to my student loan given the potential change in circumstances?

Hi Icc86,

Students can transfer between eligible postgraduate master's courses and remain eligible for PGL as long as they aren't transferring to a course that commences in a different academic year. This rule applies when the student either transfers:

to a different course at the same HE provider or

to a different course at a different HE provider

to the same course at a different HE provider

In either case, we require the HEP to notify of a course change after confirmation of registration has been received.

Where the student transfers to a course at a different HE provider:

Future payments should not be made until the new HE Provider has confirmed the course change to SLC*

Where the new HE Provider has confirmed the course change to SLC, the student does not need to subsequently confirm this change to SLC if they have not done so already

The new HE provider will need to inform us of the course change by sending a Change of Circumstances (CoC). The old HE provider are not required to inform us of any change although some may send a withdrawal CoC, in this case we would still need confirmation of the transfer from the new HE provider.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending