Will he leave me? I'm so worried please help! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I don't know whether this is a cause for concern or not. Any help would be appreciated.

My boyfriend met this girl at university who is in his course. He studies with her every weeknight and I assume in the daytime too, since they are in the same course. When we are talking, he always manages to bring up her name as if she's some worshipped goddess who invented the human race or something. He never talks about her looks (and I can see why, as I have stalked her social media and while she is cute/pretty, she's no match for a conventionally hot girl, if you know what I mean), but it is always about how intelligence, talented and nice she is. ("She's so intelligent!" and "Did you know that she can do this? Isn't it amazing?") At first it didn't bother me, but then today I was waiting outside the uni gates for my boyfriend, who walked out with her. Upon seeing me she gave me the BIGGEST dirty I have ever received in my life. So of course now I am uncomfortable with her and my boyfriend being around each other. They have a meet-up tomorrow afternoon, and he assures me that they are only studying for the finals coming up and that they work well together. While I'm not totally sure if HE loves HER, I am 99.9% sure that SHE loves HIM due to the dirty she gave me, and general hearsay from my friends who also go to that uni.

Please help! He wouldn't leave me for her, would he? I may not be academically smart, but a lot of guys including my boyfriend have said that I am really hot and I was very popular in high school. So why am I worried? Like, I shouldn't be for obvious reasons (He's officially dating me, NOT her, he thinks I'm hot, I know I am hot because I have confirmation from other guys, etc), so I don't know why I am. I guess the situation reminds me of those typical Hollywood or Disney movies where the popular guy falls for the nerdy/unattractive girl who turns super hot at the end of the movie, and after seeing this girl IRL, she, at least on the level of looks, has the potential to turn out to be just like that nerdy girl at the end of the movie. Like, that shouldn't happen IRL, but what if it does?
Anonymous #1
BTW I would post her social media on here, but I don't want to get in trouble / or exposed. BUT just know that she wasn't popular in high school as there is hardly any activity besides a few reposts of nerdy stuff that no one cares about. All her social activity and photos are from the people she's met at the uni, including my boyfriend. And she is not a girl you would call hot. But I have people following me, heaps of photos that I am tagged in with many friends, including older guys in the grade above, as well as college guys, and even past photos with my exes still hanging around. So obviously I have nothing to worry about, in terms of comparison with this chick?
Anonymous #1
I am also a lot skinnier and have lighter hair than her.

Sorry for all these posts, but I am just freaking out.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Love triangle alert. Get out of it.
aarora
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You sound mean, I hope he ends up with the nerdy girl.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't know whether this is a cause for concern or not. Any help would be appreciated.

My boyfriend met this girl at university who is in his course. He studies with her every weeknight and I assume in the daytime too, since they are in the same course. When we are talking, he always manages to bring up her name as if she's some worshipped goddess who invented the human race or something. He never talks about her looks (and I can see why, as I have stalked her social media and while she is cute/pretty, she's no match for a conventionally hot girl, if you know what I mean), but it is always about how intelligence, talented and nice she is. ("She's so intelligent!" and "Did you know that she can do this? Isn't it amazing?") At first it didn't bother me, but then today I was waiting outside the uni gates for my boyfriend, who walked out with her. Upon seeing me she gave me the BIGGEST dirty I have ever received in my life. So of course now I am uncomfortable with her and my boyfriend being around each other. They have a meet-up tomorrow afternoon, and he assures me that they are only studying for the finals coming up and that they work well together. While I'm not totally sure if HE loves HER, I am 99.9% sure that SHE loves HIM due to the dirty she gave me, and general hearsay from my friends who also go to that uni.

Please help! He wouldn't leave me for her, would he? I may not be academically smart, but a lot of guys including my boyfriend have said that I am really hot and I was very popular in high school. So why am I worried? Like, I shouldn't be for obvious reasons (He's officially dating me, NOT her, he thinks I'm hot, I know I am hot because I have confirmation from other guys, etc), so I don't know why I am. I guess the situation reminds me of those typical Hollywood or Disney movies where the popular guy falls for the nerdy/unattractive girl who turns super hot at the end of the movie, and after seeing this girl IRL, she, at least on the level of looks, has the potential to turn out to be just like that nerdy girl at the end of the movie. Like, that shouldn't happen IRL, but what if it does?
I don't want to sound too mean but this post makes you look so vain. Sounds like he'd be better off with her so you can learn how to get over this issue.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
tashkent46
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I think people here are too quick to judge you, this woman clearly has sunk her teeth into your man and is hoping the distance will destroy your relationship. Good luck when she makes her move, you'll find out if he's worth all of this worry when she does.
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

My boyfriend met this girl at university who is in his course. He studies with her every weeknight and I assume in the daytime too, since they are in the same course. When we are talking, he always manages to bring up her name as if she's some worshipped goddess who invented the human race or something. He never talks about her looks (and I can see why, as I have stalked her social media and while she is cute/pretty, she's no match for a conventionally hot girl, if you know what I mean), but it is always about how intelligence, talented and nice she is. ("She's so intelligent!" and "Did you know that she can do this? Isn't it amazing?" At first it didn't bother me, but then today I was waiting outside the uni gates for my boyfriend, who walked out with her. Upon seeing me she gave me the BIGGEST dirty I have ever received in my life. So of course now I am uncomfortable with her and my boyfriend being around each other. They have a meet-up tomorrow afternoon, and he assures me that they are only studying for the finals coming up and that they work well together. While I'm not totally sure if HE loves HER, I am 99.9% sure that SHE loves HIM due to the dirty she gave me, and general hearsay from my friends who also go to that uni.

To be fair you sound quite mean with all the 'no match to a conventionally hot girl' and quite full of yourself. If you truly want to be with him have a talk about it and don't go with the full on 'WHY ARE YOU WITH HER ALL THE TIME!!' approach.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
Being hot can only get you so far. If you have no depth then he will clearly get intellectual happiness from the other girl. Im not surprised when all youve literally done in the last six sentences is speak of how you are better than her just because you are 'hot'.
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You’re jealous of the girl and don’t trust your boyfriend enough. Which is fair enough as no girl wants to see her man with another woman 🎀 But putting the other girl down and insinuating she’s ugly is just mean. I mean although she hangs out with him. Your boyfriend also wants to hang out with her. Maybe what you thought was dirty looks, maybe wasn’t but you just felt like it was because you see her as a potential threat. For any relationship to work you need to have trust, if you don’t have that then your relationship is in for a rocky ride.
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
BTW I would post her social media on here, but I don't want to get in trouble / or exposed. BUT just know that she wasn't popular in high school as there is hardly any activity besides a few reposts of nerdy stuff that no one cares about. All her social activity and photos are from the people she's met at the uni, including my boyfriend. And she is not a girl you would call hot. But I have people following me, heaps of photos that I am tagged in with many friends, including older guys in the grade above, as well as college guys, and even past photos with my exes still hanging around. So obviously I have nothing to worry about, in terms of comparison with this chick?
You’re insecure. Maybe that’s why he hangs around with her more as she has a nicer, more polite personality. And I’m confused, are you trying to convince us or yourself that you’re perfect and she’s not?? Also you should be worried...
alicesmiloves
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You sound very insecure, the fact that you mentioned that you are hot and you were popular and you have a lot of pictures with many friends on your social media while she doesn't. This is insecurity. I get that you are worried about her getting close to your boyfriend but you don't have to put a front of being so full of yourself to make yourself feel better. This is the real world and popularity in high school doesn't matter anymore. What matters is what kind of person you are and how you treat others. Because you can bash this nerdy girl but at the end of the day, she may have more honest and loyal people by her side. Have a serious talk with your boyfriend to see where you stand, that's the main issue here.
Secret Soul
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
This made me smile. Your boyfriend actually sounds happy. Aw.

From reading this the only thing you have to "offer" is your looks.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I had some sympathy for you until you started basing it all on looks

No one cares that you're hotter or skinnier than her or have lighter hair and the fact that you think these things make you better than her says a lot

Only children care about popularity
becca277
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You might be "skinnier", "hotter", "prettier" etc than her, but you sound like a *****. While I think the other girl shouldn't be getting too flirty with a guy with a girlfriend, I wouldn't be surprised if he left you for her. It's not all about looks.
soylatte91
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
She probably just has resting ***** face, or is uncomfortable with new people. You don't know her so why would you assume she's in love with your boyfriend just because they spend time together? Men and women can be just friends :rolleyes:

That said, you do sound really vain. Looks aren't the only thing that matters and you're being very harsh about this girl for no real reason except your own insecurity, while assuming that because you're "hot" your personality doesn't matter? Focus on being a nice person and putting effort into your relationship and don't worry about what other people are doing.
Anonymous #4
Report 10 months ago
Like people have been saying your clearly insecure of the other girl by bringing up how hot you are and how skinny. I'm not a boy but I'm positive boys like more than just your looks and care about personality. Maybe he's just trying to get a break from you because you seem like a total nightmare and maybe this girl is a bit of fresh air for him.
Aw bless you and just remember if he's in his first year you've got another 2 years of this; another 2 years of you exposing yourself you seem very mean and vein. At this point I'm hoping he ends up with the nerdy girl; personality over looks anyday of the year. would rather date someone with a good heart than someone who likes to bring other girls down because there so insecure.
And as for being popular in high school no one cares like how popular you were in high school will get you no where in life.
If it's bothering you that much speak to him but you can't really get them to not see eachother cause if their in same class ect, they'll probably have lecture, seminars and practicals together.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Being 'popular is important at school. You'e not at school anymore. Grow up and realise your boyfriend isn't saying this girl is hot he is saying she is intelligent and talented. Perhaps you should think a little more about those things since they matter more in the adult world than being cool at high school.
EmilyH1256
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It don’t matter hot “hot and popular “ you where in high school .. guess what not in high school anymore hunny .. yes it is possible he will leave you for her so don’t be surprised if he does .. but maybe they are just friends n ur messing with ur own mind..honestly if I was him I would leave you for her cus I u sound like a brat..
Racsoix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Ha, you came on here to ask for advice and (quite rightly) got slaughtered instead...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.39%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.31%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (97)
17.86%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (82)
15.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.94%
How can I be the best version of myself? (165)
30.39%

Watched Threads