BBC Digital Journalism video interview!

Watch
fluffyslek
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So, I've been give the opportunity to do a video interview with the BBC for the digital journalism apprenticeship. I haven't done an interview in over two years.

Does anyone have any general tips? Any questions in which they think that I should prepare for?

Has anyone else been given the interview? Has anyone done it already or are currently preparing for it?
JoshuaE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I have also an interview for this apprenticeship. Firstly, don't worry too much because the software allows you to delete answers and re-record as many times as necessary, it's not as intense as a real interview. Secondly, to prepare watch this video and read over the job description so you know what characteristics they're looking for. DM me after you're done so we can talk about it, good luck
fluffyslek
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Wait. You can re-record your answers? It’s not done under time constraints or anything? So you can flick through and prepare? I never knew that. What!

Also that video was helpful, if not stating the obvious a little. I plan to read the job description, plan some prompts and prepare with a friend and try to act naturally and be sure to evaluate anything I discuss, etc etc. And yeah. I’ll DM you. When do you plan on doing it?
ej2345
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey, I got a video interview as well! Do you know how many people actually got selected to have an interview? And just be yourself in the video because theyre trying to see your personality! Let me know how it goes!
Dewdrop666
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JoshuaE)
Hey, I have also an interview for this apprenticeship. Firstly, don't worry too much because the software allows you to delete answers and re-record as many times as necessary, it's not as intense as a real interview. Secondly, to prepare watch this video and read over the job description so you know what characteristics they're looking for. DM me after you're done so we can talk about it, good luck
Dumb question, I have to submit my video interview on Thursday and am freaking out. I followed the link in the email, and it took me to a page where I had to create an account, which I did. Theres an option to upload a video but I don't know where the questions are?
Am I doing the right thing?
Please help...
loldix
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello!I got a video interview too! Has anyone tried it out yet? Can you prepare anything? Once I click “start interview”, do I have to see it out until it’s finished or can I go back to it?
JoshuaE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by loldix)
Hello!I got a video interview too! Has anyone tried it out yet? Can you prepare anything? Once I click “start interview”, do I have to see it out until it’s finished or can I go back to it?
No it won't expire if you click off, all you need to do is ensure you send a video before the deadline. I read the question, clicked off to do some planning and came back to record it
ej2345
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone heard anything back??? I’m nervous
needlesslyrics
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have an interview on 13th June in Birmingham. Anybody else got through?
ej2345
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by needlesslyrics)
I have an interview on 13th June in Birmingham. Anybody else got through?
I haven’t heard anything back yet... super scared as I think I bombed the video interview :/ but congrats!
jarvisE95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone that's been unsuccessful heard back yet? I'm assuming I haven't got an interview as they've probably told all the successful candidates at the one time. Not knowing is killing me
amberuttx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is anyone else who was unsuccessful at the assessment centre stage still waiting for feedback?
BlaiddDrwg2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi this is a question to anyone who is through to the video assessmentmy question is do the BBC want you two seperate videos or just the one because the guidance isn't helpful. the full guidance paragraph is below Guidance: We want to you to adapt a national news story and make it interesting to an audience in your local area. This will be an online feature on the local news site to where you live. Tell us in two minutes what you would include in the two minute video attached to your article, as well as the tweet to go on the local BBC news page.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (286)
34.05%
No (554)
65.95%

Watched Threads