The Student Room Group

I'm in love with my best friend

Hello, so I've known my best friend for coming up 4 years. But over the last year I've felt myself developing a huge crush on her. I can never tell her because she's straight (We're both girls, I'm Bi) and even though she would be nice about the situation I know it would ruin our friendship. I don't know how to deal with my feelings, I try to forget about them and simply hide them. But every time she tells me 'I love you' in a friendly way or when she hugs me and rests her head on my shoulder, I can't help but get a fake sense of hope. I know it's stupid, but I've never been good at dealing with feelings. My friend has a crush on a boy, and every time she talks about him I can't help but feel internally jealous, despite trying to help her with her crush.

Any advice on how to get over or deal with this?? Thanks x
TO me, friendship means being able to say something which could be a make/break...I was in that position myself, and I told my best friend so. It was an awkward convo, but I got it off my mind, and we're still best friends. Do you think she feels the same? (People's sexual orientation can "change", she may be bi but not know it yet.) Obviously, it won't be the "same" for a while at least, so how do you feel about that novelty, continuing your friendhsip with that out there? And, what do really have to lose? (If you're so close, the friendship will remain.) If it's eating you up (as it did with me), for your well-being, you should tell her. It'll be an even stronger friendship if you can trust her with that, and if she can respect that.
I hope things work out for you as well as they did for me. Good luck!
It's against our nature for men and women to have close friendships. The guy would most of the time, and if he male is a Chad, the woman would.
Find something else to focus on. People usually say taking a break from the friendship is a good idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending