GCSE Exam Revision Tips

Watch this thread
Kaaaylaaa
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to revise that isn’t flash cards? That’s what I’ve always used and I’ve realised I spend more time making them than actually studying them making it a waste of time.

14Ccoughlin
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Have you tried Mind maps ? One thing that is always beneficial for some new revision methods (not prosice but ones In general) is Pinterest but just make sure you don’t start looking on there when revising because I promise you it is the worst kind of procrastination

Hope this helps what are you studing for i might be able to give some better and more accurate adivice
year11girl02
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
u dnt need 2 revise
Luckystars500
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I just do exam questions as for me, its the best way of me improving my grades. You need to try things and see what's best for you.
Luckystars500
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by year11girl02)
u dnt need 2 revise
Maybe they don't but if you want the best grades, it's what you need to do. Also if they are interested in furthering education, you really need to get your revision techniques perfect before the hard stuff starts coming in.
Kaaaylaaa
Rep:
(Original post by 14Ccoughlin)
Have you tried Mind maps ? One thing that is always beneficial for some new revision methods (not prosice but ones In general) is Pinterest but just make sure you don’t start looking on there when revising because I promise you it is the worst kind of procrastination

Hope this helps what are you studing for i might be able to give some better and more accurate adivice
Yh I’ve tried mindmaps but I’m not sure they really benefit me and I’m mostly stuck on revision for re and the 3 sciences x
Kaaaylaaa
Rep:
(Original post by Luckystars500)
I just do exam questions as for me, its the best way of me improving my grades. You need to try things and see what's best for you.
Yh i think this is a good idea thanks xx and I’ve tried a lot and the repetition of flash cards is really good for me but it’s just time consuming to make them
jennifugh
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Past papers to practice applying knowledge and exam technique
Blurting - this is writing down all the info you know about a subject and allows you to see gaps in our knowledge
Hope this helps
koala789
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
For triple science GCSE last year I got full marks in each paper and all I did was past papers. Didn't waste my time on writing out notes and flashcards, just practice paper after practice paper. Get familiar with questions that reappear a lot, and I'd also recommend learning model answers for all different process in Biology and those 3/4 markers that come up in Chemistry. Good luck
Kaaaylaaa
Rep:
Maybe they don't but if you want the best grades, it's what you need to do. Also if they are interested in furthering education, you really need to get your revision techniques perfect before the hard stuff starts coming in.
Lol yh I’m predicted and aiming for A*’s and what to go to uni so I need to revise
Kaaaylaaa
Rep:
(Original post by jennifugh)
Past papers to practice applying knowledge and exam technique
Blurting - this is writing down all the info you know about a subject and allows you to see gaps in our knowledge
Hope this helps
Thank you xx
Kaaaylaaa
Rep:
(Original post by koala789)
For triple science GCSE last year I got full marks in each paper and all I did was past papers. Didn't waste my time on writing out notes and flashcards, just practice paper after practice paper. Get familiar with questions that reappear a lot, and I'd also recommend learning model answers for all different process in Biology and those 3/4 markers that come up in Chemistry. Good luck
Omg wow I do triple science as well and I’m predicted 7/8 in all of the three sciences so I need to pretty much get near to full marks if I want an 8. This is really helpful and thanks for the good luck 😊 x
Luckystars500
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kaaaylaaa)
Lol yh I’m predicted and aiming for A*’s and what to go to uni so I need to revise
Wow! Good luck to you! I hope you achieve everything you're aiming for, everyone is always willing to help on TSR!!
f_spanish
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
https://senecalearning.com/ This Website does wonders. Use it and you will pass easilyyyy!!!
Kaaaylaaa
Rep:
(Original post by f_spanish)
https://senecalearning.com/ This Website does wonders. Use it and you will pass easilyyyy!!!
Never heard of it but passing sounds good to me thanks😂 x
Kaaaylaaa
Rep:
Wow! Good luck to you! I hope you achieve everything you're aiming for, everyone is always willing to help on TSR!!
Yh thank you so much and thanks for the advice xx
Kaaaylaaa
Rep:
(Original post by f_spanish)
I literally just did some chemistry and this is really good thanks a lot
wheresmunchkin
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by koala789)
what about for the new spec, theres only like two sets? would that even be enough?
14Ccoughlin
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kaaaylaaa)
Yh I’ve tried mindmaps but I’m not sure they really benefit me and I’m mostly stuck on revision for re and the 3 sciences x
Re i dont have to do until next year but theses are pretty helpful they are like key things kinda boards. So the topic in the middle vocab around the outside and then key themes in the boxes (so sorry it’s in welsh I’ve tried my best to explain it but I’m in welsh education so evrything is done in welsh) Name:  F500178A-F949-4A10-8D14-0FF16F6C55BB.jpg.jpeg
Views: 90
Size:  36.1 KB
Kaaaylaaa
Rep:
(Original post by 14Ccoughlin)
Re i dont have to do until next year but theses are pretty helpful they are like key things kinda boards. So the topic in the middle vocab around the outside and then key themes in the boxes (so sorry it’s in welsh I’ve tried my best to explain it but I’m in welsh education so evrything is done in welsh) Name:  F500178A-F949-4A10-8D14-0FF16F6C55BB.jpg.jpeg
Views: 90
Size:  36.1 KB
Oooww ok that looks good I’ve done something similar to that but not as detailed I’ll try it thanks xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise