The Student Room Group

Foundation to Higher

Ghgdhfhhcdgh
(edited 5 years ago)
Unfortunately you can't, once you've been entered in for foundation, it is very difficult to change tiers and since you're wanting to go up a tier it'll be difficult to learn the extra information you haven't prepared for just 2 weeks before the exam
Sorry
Well you should have told them before the three weeks leading up to the exam to be honest
Original post by Soumaya153
But would it be possible to change on the day because there are invigilators in the exam hall.

Impossible on the day but if you really insist now you may still be able to get changed, get your parents to come and speak about it ASAP.
But would it be possible to change on the day because there are invigilators in the exam hall.

no it wouldn't be because the exam board have already put ur name down in their system as foundation

a better question is why have you left it this late to want to change

pretty sure the booking closes before easter so you got little to no chance , sorry
I have been learning the higher stuff since year 9 but my teachers think that foundation is best for me. But I really want to take science for a levels

Have you tried doing exam practice papers, as the way they ask you in the exam isn't straightforward.
What are the target grade in your institution to go on to do science a level?
In some schools, it is a grade 5 meaning you could do foundation and still do a levels
Reply 6
Original post by Ray_Shadows
no it wouldn't be because the exam board have already put ur name down in their system as foundation

a better question is why have you left it this late to want to change

pretty sure the booking closes before easter so you got little to no chance , sorry

But last year a couple of students changed tiers on the exam day
Reply 7
It's possible to do but the change costs the school about £100 per student per subject so it's not something they would do without a very good reason.
But last year a couple of students changed tiers on the exam day

pretty sure if they told you that (without you seeing it happen) then they were bluffing

or it didn't work out for them at the end of the exam

or maybe they had a special excuse for it
Reply 9
Original post by Ray_Shadows
pretty sure if they told you that (without you seeing it happen) then they were bluffing

or it didn't work out for them at the end of the exam

or maybe they had a special excuse for it

What if I say that I’ve been given the wrong paper
Loooool I wish I could

No- they get a set amount of test papers from the exam board and there would literally not be enough for you to switch to higher.

They have a list of which people sit what paper- no.

dude they have u on their system as foundation tier (which they cant change)

just do the exam and re do it for a higher grade in November

Quick Reply