The Student Room Group

Going to a concert in London in October?

hi everyone. basically i have an offer from oxford for history, so if i fulfil my offer, i will be going this october and my first real week of uni will start on the 7th(?). i am DESPERATE to go to a concert at the o2 (london) either tuesday the 9th or wednesday the 10th of october. does anyone who currently go to oxford have any advice on whether i'll be able to go or not?? i am STRESSED. thank you

edit: thanks TSR for making me sound so much more dramatic than i actually am being, all i mean is i'm concerned whether i will have time to go out for the night without having to skip anything!!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You're going to have just arrived for your first week at Oxford, should some concert really concern you if it conflicts with that?
Reply 2
Original post by Amanzhol
You're going to have just arrived for your first week at Oxford, should some concert really concern you if it conflicts with that?

unfortunately yes
Original post by sofia00
unfortunately yes

Just found out what the concert is and I have to say I retract my judgement because I would gladly bunk uni to go and see it as well lmao 😂
Original post by sofia00
hi everyone. basically i have an offer from oxford for history, so if i fulfil my offer, i will be going this october and my first real week of uni will start on the 7th(?). i am DESPERATE to go to a concert at the o2 (london) either tuesday the 9th or wednesday the 10th of october. does anyone who currently go to oxford have any advice on whether i'll be able to go or not?? i am STRESSED. thank you

Bts right? hopefully im going too. The concert would be in the afternoon so if you time it right you might have to only miss a few hours. Good luck on getting those tickets.
Reply 5
Original post by Amanzhol
Just found out what the concert is and I have to say I retract my judgement because I would gladly bunk uni to go and see it as well lmao 😂

loool i'm glad you can relate
Reply 6
Original post by bubbbs
Bts right? hopefully im going too. The concert would be in the afternoon so if you time it right you might have to only miss a few hours. Good luck on getting those tickets.

yesss haha! will you be at uni too? the problem is my dad has properly had a go at me telling me i won't be able to go etc so i'm really stressed. i hope you get to go though and good luck too!
Original post by sofia00
yesss haha! will you be at uni too? the problem is my dad has properly had a go at me telling me i won't be able to go etc so i'm really stressed. i hope you get to go though and good luck too!

naa i will be on a gap year. If the ticket money is coming out of your own pocket then whats the fuss. If you're asking your parents then i get what he's saying. I would go. I just checked how far thr O2 is from oxford and its less than two hours (i care for my fellow armies). I don't mean to sound over the top but THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE! I hope you get to go. I'm almost certain that a few hours won't be detrimental to your work. Plus you made it to Oxford, you should celebrate by seeing bts.
Reply 8
It's worth saying that while you'd be free to leave Oxford to go to an evening concert during freshers week, there's likely to be compulsory college-run events on until at least 5pm on some days, and missing these would likely get you off on the wrong foot with your tutors. If you are thinking about booking tickets, it's worth contacting your college now, to see if they can give you an idea of whether you'd be missing any compulsory events or not.
BTS!!!!!!!!
Original post by sofia00

Thanks for your post.

We can't really see the difference between going to an O2 concert and going to a nightclub in Oxford, or indulging in any other late night activity.

OxfordTube run a 24-hour service to and from London:
https://www.oxfordtube.com/

If you have an early class scheduled the day after the concert, we would suggest asking if it might be possible to swap with another Tutorial group. If you have a lecture, make friends in Freshers' week and ask if you can share the notes.
Reply 11
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Thanks for your post.

We can't really see the difference between going to an O2 concert and going to a nightclub in Oxford, or indulging in any other late night activity.

If you have an early class scheduled the day after the concert, we would suggest asking if it might be possible to swap with another Tutorial group. If you have a lecture, make friends in Freshers' week and ask if you can share the notes.

thank you so much for your reply. the coach service sounds like a good option. this has really reassured me, thanks!
yess omfggggg been a fan for 3 years and i cant even see them, take your oppurtunity and GOOOO oh my gosh i cant stress the enough. If i was you i would sooo go BTS. if you can dw please give your ticket me :wink::argh::argh::argh::argh:
Original post by bubbbs
naa i will be on a gap year. If the ticket money is coming out of your own pocket then whats the fuss. If you're asking your parents then i get what he's saying. I would go. I just checked how far thr o2 is from oxford and its less than two hours (i care for my fellow armies). I don't mean to sound over the top but this is a once in a lifetime experience! I hope you get to go. I'm almost certain that a few hours won't be detrimental to your work. Plus you made it to oxford, you should celebrate by seeing bts.

init omfg you a hobi stan
Reply 14
Original post by sarskinz
how did you even get into Oxford with this mentality?

I'm committed to my studies, but want to have fun too - everyone needs a break and music means a lot to me, there's no harm in that
(edited 5 years ago)
For BTS, its essential
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Thanks for your post.

"We can't really see the difference between going to an O2 concert and going to a nightclub in Oxford, or indulging in any other late night activity"
Hun it's BTS. THE ONE AND ONLY BTS.
Original post by sofia00
I'm committed to my studies, but want to have fun too - everyone needs a break and music means a lot to me, there's no harm in that

Why do you need a break if you haven't even started university yet?
Did anyone else google BTS cos I definitely didn't *cough*.
Yikes bangtan stans are so embarrassing

I’d go to the concert, since it’s not easy to get hands on concert tickets, but understand that you’ll have to deal with catching up or whatever.

Quick Reply

Latest