Turn on thread page Beta

Student life at Barts & The London??? watch

Announcements

I have to make a decision about which uni to go to for medicine by next week & I was wondering if anyone goes to Barts or knows what the student life side of things is like?? I've heard people saying its not great bc you're separate from the rest of QMUL - is this true??? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It is true - Barts is separate to the uni, like today I went to the main campus and there was this whole festival-like event taking place and I had absolutely no clue what was going on. They also get loads of companies coming in with free goodies etc. which Barts students miss out on.
    I go to Barts and I strongly dislike it.
    Although I'm not a medic so you may wish to ignore my opinion.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I went to Barts and I had a really good time, made some fantastic friends for life from both QMUL and Barts

It does feel separate from QMUL as we had our own "medical union" with our own bar and events, also the medical campuses (Charterhouse & Whitechapel) are hardly ever visited by non-medical or dental students.

If you feel you need to interact with non-medics, it is definitely possible, I ended up marrying someone from QMUL.

(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
    They also get loads of companies coming in with free goodies etc. which Barts students miss out on.
    MPS and MDU only show up for the medical students, and their free **** is far better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magendie)
    I went to Barts and I had a really good time, made some fantastic friends for life from both QMUL and Barts

It does feel separate from QMUL as we had our own "medical union" with our own bar and events, also the medical campuses (Charterhouse & Whitechapel) are hardly ever visited by non-medical or dental students.

If you feel you need to interact with non-medics, it is definitely possible, I ended up marrying someone from QMUL.

MPS and MDU only show up for the medical students, and their free **** is far better.
    What do MPS and MDU give out? Because I don't think anything would be better than getting free groceries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magendie)

Thank you, that's reassuring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesopotamian.)
    It is true - Barts is separate to the uni, like today I went to the main campus and there was this whole festival-like event taking place and I had absolutely no clue what was going on. They also get loads of companies coming in with free goodies etc. which Barts students miss out on.
    Although I'm not a medic so you may wish to ignore my opinion.
    Thanks for replying & no i won't ignore your opinion

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.