Daveboi115
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I’d like to be much better than I am at maths. I’m at university approaching my final year and maths is the one thing that holds me back. I’m a scientist by trade and so it’s something I really should be much better at. Any tips on what to practice or how to go about it? Should I be doing GCSE level maths or A-level or where should I be? I’d quite like to focus on algebra and such and rearranging equations. Quite often I find myself needing to rearrange equations and it goes well over my head unless it’s the simple triangle with three variables.
B_9710
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Well rearranging equations is basic gcse level so if you're struggling with that it'll be worth watching videos on that. Are there any other maths topics you struggle with?
What degree are you doing by the way?
Daveboi115
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by B_9710)
Well rearranging equations is basic gcse level so if you're struggling with that it'll be worth watching videos on that. Are there any other maths topics you struggle with?
What degree are you doing by the way?
I suppose you’re right! Algebra mostly blows my mind but if I’m honest literally most of maths unless it’s basic pretty much goes over me. I can’t follow for very long before I lose where I’m at when someone is explaining it to me! I’m doing Biomedical Sciences but I’d like to be better for my statistical analyses and such.
B_9710
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Daveboi115)
I suppose you’re right! Algebra mostly blows my mind but if I’m honest literally most of maths unless it’s basic pretty much goes over me. I can’t follow for very long before I lose where I’m at when someone is explaining it to me! I’m doing Biomedical Sciences but I’d like to be better for my statistical analyses and such.
I think it would probably be a good idea to just go through a gcse algebra playlist on YouTube, there's tons of videos out there on this sort of stuff. Just watch the videos and get more comfortable with the algebra and understanding what you're doing.
The Scotfather
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Daveboi115)
Some people like to use a sequence when it comes to rearranging formulas but you can essentially think of it as whatever you do on one side you need to do on the other.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (106)
34.3%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.48%
No (82)
26.54%
I'm not sure (33)
10.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise