The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It is pointless to speculate how ideal your weight is it would really depend more on your body fat percentage.

For instance, my brother is near enough exactly an inch taller then me yet weighs about 2 and a half stone heavier then me, but his fat percentage is roughly the same.
Judo is cool.

A skinny guy saying he's skinnier than someone is not really relevant to the thread though.

But since the thread was hijacked, Dac. what are your lifts?
Reply 42
burningnun
Judo is cool.

A skinny guy saying he's skinnier than someone is not really relevant to the thread though.

But since the thread was hijacked, Dac. what are your lifts?

haha, not saying. and if i did they wouldnt be accurate anyways cause i change weights depending on how i did in the previous set and how im feeling that day. but really the main reason is because i dont lift for strength nor have i attempted finding my 1RM. im sure you understand :smile:
Boooo. I don't lift for aesthetics and I posted my pictures.
Reply 44
burningnun
Boooo. I don't lift for aesthetics and I posted my pictures.

thats why i only ask Frio for pics, or those who post good height/weight stats.
You used to ask me for pics all the time!

iirc
Reply 46
Dac.
are you seriously suggesting that maggot of a physique can lift the same as what i do, bearing in mind ive been lifting weights since i was 16 and had lifted weights at 14.

judo does not make you strong in the gym, the only thing that makes you good at lifting weights is lifting weights!

edit: what is his stats? i know hes 6ft tall

he isn't quite 6ft and you'd have to ask him. congragulations with being able to lift weights but you need to tone your stomache if you wanna be competition
Reply 47
burningnun
You used to ask me for pics all the time!

iirc

lol, i dont recall that but i might well have. you must understand though that its really unfair for me to say what i lift for reasons i mentioned before.
Reply 48
pocahontis
he isn't quite 6ft and you'd have to ask him. congragulations with being able to lift weights but you need to tone your stomache if you wanna be competition

i can tell by his pics hes not that heavy. well i dont want to compete in bobybuilding lol, im nowhere near enough in shape for that. nor is it my thing to stand in front of a crowd wearing only a thong :eek:

but absolutly agree with the stomach thing, ive always had that fat covering my stomach as i gain it very easily and find it very hard to lose. however you dont have to believe me on this but underneath that fat are very hard abs. i can tense them and feel each one of them hard as nails. its very frustrating not being able to see them though :redface: my new programme seems to be working though and im losing it faster than i have done previously, so i dont think it will be too long before i can see them. by xmas almost deffinately, but around september/october is my goal.
Reply 49
At 5'7" and 11st 4 I was a size 14.
The OP is shorter than me, weighed more and was a size smaller.

Just goes to show it's not all in the numbers.

This thread has really made me wonder how much my boobs weigh, though...
Hayley_2k4
I'm 5'6 (female) and weigh 11 and a half stone (don't know what it is in pounds sorry :redface: - if anyone knows that would be great) Would you class this as overweight for my height? I'm a size 12 so not exactly THAT huge I guess. Just looking for some views really.

Hmm.. I'm a fraction off of 6' tall - when I was 11 and a half stone I was a size 16 :confused: By the sounds of it you are carrying a substantial amount of muscle - in comparison to me obviously! If that's the case I don't think you have a great deal to worry about.. :smile:
Reply 51
Amsterman
Think your eating to much only nihilism!

*too
pocahontis
*too

what the hell

a little mistake and you feel the need to correct it

go away
Reply 53
Amsterman
what the hell

a little mistake and you feel the need to correct it

go away

I guess that's the best thanks i'm gonna get
I'm your height and my heaviest was 11 stone 3 and I was a size 14/16.

I'm now 9 stone 11 and a size 10. Tbh I wouldn't classify myself as big then, I thought I was just "normalish". When I look in photo's now though I would classify myself as a bit overweight. Then again if you're a size 12 your body's probably all in proportion :smile: It's a lovely size to be.
Reply 55
Jillie Boe
Then again if you're a size 12 your body's probably all in proportion :smile: It's a lovely size to be.

Only at the right height IMO. If you're short and a size 12 you're very likely to look fat. Size 12 only ever looks like the perfect size to be on really tall people and a few exceptions.

At 5'6 and 11.5 stone I would guess that the OP would look a lot better having lost some weight.
Reply 56
Original post by manderlay in flames
It's unhealthily big imo, no offense but it's a stone heavier than me and I'm about 6ft. As for advice I'd say can the diet rubbish and find an exercise you enjoy.

i am 5"7, 11 and a half stone and a size 12. i play netball twice a week, swim once a week and eat 10x healthier (AND LESS) than all my size 8 friends. fancy telling me where i'm going wrong? it's harder for some people to lose weight, it's not always as simple as 'eat less and exercise,' as i eat less and healthier than my friends AND exercise more!!
Reply 57
Original post by becca1192
i am 5"7, 11 and a half stone and a size 12. i play netball twice a week, swim once a week and eat 10x healthier (AND LESS) than all my size 8 friends. fancy telling me where i'm going wrong? it's harder for some people to lose weight, it's not always as simple as 'eat less and exercise,' as i eat less and healthier than my friends AND exercise more!!

while the hell has this been negged?
Original post by becca1192

pfff, the whole 'i have a slow metabolism' thing is a load of crap, in reality a very, very small proportion of people have a metabolism different to the average.

eat less, exercise more. It is that simple. I'd guess you don't work very hard when you're exercising, or you eat more than you think you do.
Original post by sophierw
Thats just over 160lb. According to the BMI scale thing, you're probably overweight for your height. I dont know how far I'd trust BMI though...
It might just be that you're short for your weight.

Isn't that the same thing?

Latest