The Student Room Group

Best university for Pharmacy

Scroll to see replies

Courtenayyy
Yeah at the end of the day, if you get your degree then pass the reg exam, employers won't look at where you got your degree from; everyone does the same test, so everyone has the same level of competence.

The best uni will be the one that suits you the best, not what league tables say. *Nicely quoted from the posters around college :biggrin:* Research into the course itself as some uni's offer a more traditional style course (ie. the long established schools) and others will incorporate more modern aspects into the course (for example UEA do problem based sessions where you work with other health care students. So you'd be working along side midwifery, med, physio students etc sometimes, which, lets face it, how you would be working as a hospital pharmacist.)
So you need to weigh up your priorities and decide which is best for you.

Oh yeah and remember that just because a uni asks for higher grades, doesn't necessarily mean that it is better. If they ask for higher grades it is because they have more applicants. Which could imply that it is better, however if all of these applicants have it down as there 5th choice, it doesn't really reflect the quality of the course.

So yeah don't go off what other people or league tables say, visit the uni, research the course (how it is taught etc etc), talk to students on the course at the uni, talk to the lecturers...then make a decision :smile:

God, that's a bit of an essay lol :P

Not true. The better the University and better the prospects in life. :rolleyes:
How so? If you all do the SAME end exam set by the RPSGB then how does the uni matter as such? I think its more on how the uni suits you, and how it teaches you that enables you to succeed in the final exam that is of imperative importance rather than the reputation of the university..
Reply 82
I think the uni choice really can affect your career prospects. It's all about the contacts you make, isn't it?
not for this degree!
Reply 84
yes it is....for instance...cardiff and nottingham have amazing links with the big chains in pharmacy for instance boots, llyods pharmacy...and GSK...which means better chance of employment, and overall a better university!
You've got to remember going to university is about 2 things; getting a degree and developing and growing as a person. (cheesy much!?)

It's alright picking a uni for it's league status but if you don't get anything out of it except a degree, it hasn't been worth it. We're going to be spending 4 years of our lives wherever we decide to go, so we have to genuinely like the place! lol

As I said before the best university is one which suits your individual needs. So if going to a university with good links to companies is what you want, go to that uni.
For me personally, it has to be a combination of an accredited course, modern teaching, good facilties, good accomodation, friendly atmosphere, somewhere i feel safe and happy and can have a good time :smile:

I've found when I've gone to uni's who are high in the league tables it's more like a "You'd be privilaged to come here." attitude and i didn't feel welcome. Has anyone else found this?
Reply 86
do you think liverpool john moores is a good school for pharmacy?please help me
Either Nottingham or LSP
Reply 88
does anyone know whats the learning style at bradford and (school of pharmacy) university of london? Their website doesnt say anything about it as such.
Reply 89
hey guys,
i've got an offer from manchester and UCL for pharmacy, which one is better? and does anybody of know how hard is to pass the RPSGB exam cause im not from england and i'd like to know how does it look
Reply 90
I am planning to apply at bradford..what do you guys think of it?
Reply 91
It is an accredited course so it doesn't matter where you get your degree from. This is quite handy because you are free to pick which uni you want to go to for social life, societies etc.
Reply 92
What A-Levels did you take?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending