Gcses revision help Watch

erinn.hx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Literally like less than 3 weeks till gcse and i have done practically no revision, nothing useful , i don’t know how to revise? Any other test before ive mainly just winged??? Its too late to write out notes and stuff but just reading my revision guides wont do anything?
Im planning on doing practise
papers but i want a way to revise the information n stuff first (cant do a practise exam if i dont know snything on it in the first place)
Any good ways to revise ???

erinn.hx
Rep:
?
Im really worried that ive left it too late
EmilySarah00
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! It's never to late to do something, you're better starting now than doing nothing at all. At this time you need to accept there's no way you can go through every specification you have, so you need to pick weak points, things you need to work on, then get your priorities in order, make a list of the things you most need to work on, be selective.

If there's a subject you need to remember loads of information on a topic, getting someone to test you with roughly written flashcards can be a good idea, or reading the textbook and then 'blurting' (filling a page with all the things you remember from the textbook) can be another good way to get information into your head easily.

With subjects like maths jumping straight into questions can work quite well, you can learn well by doing things, and if you don't know how to do a question, do it alongside your maths book or a text book to help you through it.

English is more awkward to revise in my opinion, I didn't revise enough for it during my GCSE's and don't really know enough about the new specification to give you much advice. Although for literature if you're a fairly fast reader, re-reading the books is never a bad idea, I didn't and I regret it.

Good luck! Make the best use of these final few weeks, you'll thank yourself for it :yep:
erinn.hx
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmilySarah00)
Hey! It's never to late to do something, you're better starting now than doing nothing at all. At this time you need to accept there's no way you can go through every specification you have, so you need to pick weak points, things you need to work on, then get your priorities in order, make a list of the things you most need to work on, be selective.

If there's a subject you need to remember loads of information on a topic, getting someone to test you with roughly written flashcards can be a good idea, or reading the textbook and then 'blurting' (filling a page with all the things you remember from the textbook) can be another good way to get information into your head easily.

With subjects like maths jumping straight into questions can work quite well, you can learn well by doing things, and if you don't know how to do a question, do it alongside your maths book or a text book to help you through it.

English is more awkward to revise in my opinion, I didn't revise enough for it during my GCSE's and don't really know enough about the new specification to give you much advice. Although for literature if you're a fairly fast reader, re-reading the books is never a bad idea, I didn't and I regret it.

Good luck! Make the best use of these final few weeks, you'll thank yourself for it :yep:
Thanks ill try that !
LarissaAlves
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you can actually learn a lot by practising questions! Or at least, that's what scientists say (http://www.learningscientists.org/le...ieval-practice).

So I would try past papers even if you think you don`t know much. You can use them to make notes, if you want! But just passively reading revision guides is probably not very effective.

Some youtube channels are good too, like Primrose Kitten for Chemistry and Mr Bruff for English.
And some free websites let you practice questions, like Seneca learning and Quizzlet

good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24.49%
No, but I have thought about it (55)
28.06%
No (93)
47.45%

Watched Threads