Cheapest 125cc bike to Insure

Watch
Mckailer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am turning 17 soon and am planning on buying a bike for commuting to and from college, and have a really tight budget on the insurance, as I currently do not have a job (but am gonna try to get one after GCSE's are over).

So I was wondering what brands and types of bikes were cheapest to insure especially for someone on a 125cc with only a provisional licence. Also is there anything I can put on my form when applying for a quote that will bring the price down.

Personally, the cheapest insurance I seem to be able to get quoted is £71.00, this is with only fire and theft insurance, a voluntary excess of £1000, extra security of Oxford Disc Lock, and to keep the vehicle overnight in a garage.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT BY COMMUNITY TEAM:

Lots of members saying this place has saved them a ton for motorbike insurance, so do a comparison quote here first:

https://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk/

For more help, there's a bigger discussion on motorbike insurance here.
Last edited by Professor Oak; 2 years ago
J.Ryder
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lmao you sure you wanna voluntarily pay 1000 + any compulsory excess in the event of a claim? Naked Japanese bikes such as the YBR 125, CBF 125, CG 125 and similar bikes are likely to be the cheapest to insure. Anything styled as a sports bike or a supermoto is likely to be very expensive to insure but it doesn't hurt to get a quote for yourself.
Ryanm191
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Bwhahahahaah...
Sorry did you say £71.00.... As in £71 and zero pence... And is that £1000 excess...

Both of those numbers must be revised.I have a perfect driving record, 1 years ncb on cars and driving a **** little cbf and I’m paying £1,800 a year
EveryManInEgypt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've got a YBR125 with 2 years no claims on a CBT and i'm quoted £1200. I have my A2 test in January and i did a hypothetical quote and its still £1200... Take your £71 deal and run with it... Don't crash though. £1000 excess OUCHH!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (104)
28.49%
No - I have already returned home (46)
12.6%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (70)
19.18%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (38)
10.41%
No - I live at home during term anyway (107)
29.32%

Watched Threads