The Student Room Group

I need to confess that i cheated

I love my girlfriend and anyone can't tell me i don't. this is a girl who needs to feel loved appreciated. after a week i cheated, one night stand sort of thing i was drunk but i will never justify it and i went to her house and realized that i truly loved her and its been nearly a month since this happened, i've told a few of my mates so around 8 and i knew i couldn't trust 2 of em and i was right. my girlfriend has her best friend whos boyfriend im mates with and the 2 i couldnt trust told both of them. i have a party on saturday which everyone is nearly invited. and my girlfriend has like a best mate whos a guy and is probs the strongest in our year. i know this is all confusing. but if my girlfriends best friend knows theres not much time till my girlfriend finds out, she is excited for the party and i cant tell her then and im planning to tell her on monday and her good strong friend but how do i do this i don't want to loose her even though i know i will.

Scroll to see replies

Dont lie to us or yourself here, you dont love her....

you have to tell her... ASAP... dont lie to her and just be honest...

be prepared for a break up is all i can say

good luck
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I love my girlfriend and anyone can't tell me i don't.

You don't

You don't love her because then you wouldn't have cheated on her.
I love my girlfriend and anyone can't tell me i don't

so why did you cheat then ?
You do NOT love her, let’s get that out of the way because in fact, you have no respect for her.
Reply 5
Original post by Rainfall
You do NOT love her, let’s get that out of the way because in fact, you have no respect for her.

Original post by Ray_Shadows
so why did you cheat then ?

Original post by WEASEL espinoza
You don't

Original post by CleverSquirrel
Dont lie to us or yourself here, you dont love her....

you have to tell her... ASAP... dont lie to her and just be honest...

be prepared for a break up is all i can say

good luck

I do have respect the only reason i did not tell her is she has a weak soul and i could not bare her look on her face, i didnt tell her because she was so stressed out for mocks, i didnt tell her because this party she has been so excited to go to. i do love her and i cheated because im stupid selfish **** who is careless and i had no idea how it would effect anyone till i first did it.
I do have respect the only reason i did not tell her is she has a weak soul and i could not bare her look on her face, i didnt tell her because she was so stressed out for mocks, i didnt tell her because this party she has been so excited to go to. i do love her and i cheated because im stupid selfish **** who is careless and i had no idea how it would effect anyone till i first did it.

Then you shouldnt be in a relationship in the first place

god i hope she finds someone better
Men can love women but still think with their di**s. Be honest now, she deserves that at the very least.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
You might like her but you certainly don't love her. I couldn't even imagine cheating on someone I love. You've admitted you know that "she has a weak soul" and you're still are willing to subject the poor girl to that amount of pain? That is pretty low.

Tell her and let her find somebody better. She deserves that much.
Original post by WEASEL espinoza
You don't

Exactly simple as that you may harbour strong feelings for her which may be pure and true but when you were cheating on her you clearly weren't loving her
Best thing is to tell her yourself and accept the consequences apologise to her and accept her decision.
Original post by Hahacool123
Exactly simple as that you may harbour strong feelings for her which may be pure and true but when you were cheating on her you clearly weren't loving her
Best thing is to tell her yourself and accept the consequences apologise to her and accept her decision.

the time i cheated i had been in the relationship for 2 months and i still was a bit off on if i loved her or not but now im certain i do.
I love my girlfriend and anyone can't tell me i don't. this is a girl who needs to feel loved appreciated. after a week i cheated, one night stand sort of thing i was drunk but i will never justify it and i went to her house and realized that i truly loved her and its been nearly a month since this happened, i've told a few of my mates so around 8 and i knew i couldn't trust 2 of em and i was right. my girlfriend has her best friend whos boyfriend im mates with and the 2 i couldnt trust told both of them. i have a party on saturday which everyone is nearly invited. and my girlfriend has like a best mate whos a guy and is probs the strongest in our year. i know this is all confusing. but if my girlfriends best friend knows theres not much time till my girlfriend finds out, she is excited for the party and i cant tell her then and im planning to tell her on monday and her good strong friend but how do i do this i don't want to loose her even though i know i will.

I'm gonna be very honest with you and this is advice from someone who has never been in a relationship so take it at your own risk. I hate cheater. Especially those that say they love their partners even tho they cheated and dindt tell her straightaway. If you really really loved her you would of told her the day after and if you really loved her you would of done anything to fix your relationship or even get back with her if she broke up with you. Waiting 1 month to tell her whilst telling others is just being a coward. The longer you wait the worse it will be and if she hears it from someone else and not you I hope she leaves that same day. Man up and do whats right. If you really love each other you will work through your problems. And who knows. maybe she cheated on you too and she will just call it even xD.
Original post by ryanpro
You might like her but you certainly don't love her. I couldn't even imagine cheating on someone I love. You've admitted you know that "she has a weak soul" and you're still are willing to subject the poor girl to that amount of pain? That is pretty low.

Tell her and let her find somebody better. She deserves that much.

i knew she had somewhat weak but when my mate who knows my girlfriend since like 6 told me how weak she is and how she might kill herself and the prospect of that makes me frightened and i couldnt loose her. She does deserve someone better than me i agree but i cant loose her.
Original post by Rainfall
Then you shouldnt be in a relationship in the first place

what?
the time i cheated i had been in the relationship for 2 months and i still was a bit off on if i loved her or not but now im certain i do.

Ok but you have to tell her and let her judge the worst thing that could happen is if she found out some other way. You owe it to her to be honest with her
You don’t love her cus if you did you wouldn’t have cheated... or it took you to cheat to realize you love her that’s stupid... just tell her u already waited this long don’t wait any longer .. just get it over with... and if I didn’t want her to find out you shouldn’t have opened ur mouth and told 8 people knowing someones going open there mouth should have just took it to the grave with you buddy
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Hahacool123
Ok but you have to tell her and let her judge the worst thing that could happen is if she found out some other way. You owe it to her to be honest with her

i do and i will on monday its just that when i was told that she might just kill her self that i just broke and im here sat here on this stupid forum hoping for some sort of salvation. i cant tell her on fri as its b4 the party and its kinda devoted to her, on sat its the party, shes sleeping over with me so we're at sun and back on monday which i got school where the 'strong guy' is and preferably i tell him first during break and then somehow not see my girlfriend during break or lunch and see her before she leaves for her bus so then i tell her and she has time to think without me in the bus. this is if the strong guy hasnt killed me.
I'm gonna be very honest with you and this is advice from someone who has never been in a relationship so take it at your own risk. I hate cheater. Especially those that say they love their partners even tho they cheated and dindt tell her straightaway. If you really really loved her you would of told her the day after and if you really loved her you would of done anything to fix your relationship or even get back with her if she broke up with you. Waiting 1 month to tell her whilst telling others is just being a coward. The longer you wait the worse it will be and if she hears it from someone else and not you I hope she leaves that same day. Man up and do whats right. If you really love each other you will work through your problems. And who knows. maybe she cheated on you too and she will just call it even xD.

youre not wrong at all but she wouldnt cheat. like i explained i said all the reasons why i couldnt tell her then due to mocks and stress and her party.
Original post by EmilyH1256
You don’t love her cus if you did you wouldn’t have cheated... or it took you to cheat to realize you love her that’s stupid... just tell her u already waited this long don’t wait any longer .. just get it over with... and if I didn’t want her to find out you shouldn’t have opened ur mouth and told 8 people knowing someones going open there mouth should have just took it to the grave with you buddy

like i said it wasn't till after meeting up with my girlfriend i finally realised this is the girl i want to be with. and youre right im horrible at keeping secrets but the guy who told my gfs mate i was texting while drunk and sort of while it happened and one which i trust was there in the room pretty much.

Quick Reply