The Student Room Group

My ex 'best friend' has been cheating on her boyfriend regulary

So, I've been friends with my friend for years, but honestly she's a terrible human being, she manipulated and lied to me and others many times, and i got tired of it so i left our fake friendship.I thought leaving this friendship would finally give me peace but I can't stop thinking about her boyfriend that she has deceived.
Since day 1 she cheated on him with her ex, I remember when she was bragging and laughing to me how in one day she ****ed them both without them knowing about each other, which is absolutely disgusting. She then continued to have sex with her ex of course,flirting with other guys online and about a month ago when she went to Italy for 4 DAYS she had sex with a stranger.
her boyfriend is a really kind,sweet guy that takes her out for dinners,on dates,etc and he has no idea, because of this i haven't been able to fall asleep either, i'm a very sensitive person and I've literally just been crying because i'm thinking how i'd feel in a situation like this, i just don't know what to do.I'm really unsure if to tell him, I'm scared. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilpeach
So, I've been friends with my friend for years, but honestly she's a terrible human being, she manipulated and lied to me and others many times, and i got tired of it so i left our fake friendship.I thought leaving this friendship would finally give me peace but I can't stop thinking about her boyfriend that she has deceived.
Since day 1 she cheated on him with her ex, I remember when she was bragging and laughing to me how in one day she ****ed them both without them knowing about each other, which is absolutely disgusting. She then continued to have sex with her ex of course,flirting with other guys online and about a month ago when she went to Italy for 4 DAYS she had sex with a stranger.
her boyfriend is a really kind,sweet guy that takes her out for dinners,on dates,etc and he has no idea, because of this i haven't been able to fall asleep either, i'm a very sensitive person and I've literally just been crying because i'm thinking how i'd feel in a situation like this, i just don't know what to do.I'm really unsure if to tell him, I'm scared. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated

Tell him

Exactly tell him, and then as an added bonus to piss off that ***** of a friend you used to have, try and sleep with him...
Reply 3
I don't think its my place to say though, but he does deserve to know right?
I'm also scared to tell him cause she'll most likely want to beat me up, she broke someones nose once..and i'm only 5'1 lol
can't do the last part haha, been with my boyfriend for 6 years now, since i was 14, that's why this ***** pisses me off even more, i'd never do something like that to my boyfriend.
Original post by Ryanthom100
Exactly tell him, and then as an added bonus to piss off that ***** of a friend you used to have, try and sleep with him...

OMG please, please do this! Especially the sleeping with him part, and make sure she finds out.
Reply 5
I'm also scared to tell him cause she'll most likely want to beat me up, she broke someones nose once..and i'm only 5'1 lol
can't do the last part haha, been with my boyfriend for 6 years now, since i was 14, that's why this ***** pisses me off even more, i'd never do something like that to my boyfriend.

She doesn't have to know it's you that's told him; you've got this
Reply 6

tell him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell him not to say it was you though. or send him an anonymous letter saying everything.
Reply 7
Reply 8
Keep your head down.Life is complicated and interfering in others relationships, however ill chosen, seldom works out well.
Original post by Zarek
Keep your head down.Life is complicated and interfering in others relationships, however ill chosen, seldom works out well.

lmao. Ever heard of the saying, being a bystander is basically helping out the bully? You'd regret it, OP, if you don't do something about this. As you said her boyfriend is sweet and nice and most probably doesn't deserve this
I personally think u shouldn’t tell him and stay out of it .. but he also has the right to know so if You feel you need to tell him tell him.. I mean u already aren’t friends with her so what do u have to lose

Oh kk, sorry I never knew u had a boyfriend 😂. She won't beat u up, just trust me she won't...
Reply 12

:rofl:
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
lmao. Ever heard of the saying, being a bystander is basically helping out the bully? You'd regret it, OP, if you don't do something about this. As you said her boyfriend is sweet and nice and most probably doesn't deserve this

And what about the saying, 'don't meddle in things you don't understand'. Other people's relationships are their business and not easily fathomed. He's an adult and able to weigh up things for himself. Nothing to do with bullying. From what OP says the boyfriend is not even a close friend of hers. Doubt she'll be thanked for intervening.

I know someone who was in a similar scenario. She seems like the nice girl who isn't a ***** but she cheated on one of my mates at a party and basically now nobody likes her. She still hangs around with the group because they still go out even though he knows all about the cheating. He is absolutely blind af and everyone knows shes a cow now. I would tell him.
Reply 15

personally i think you should tell him. He is continously getting hurt and he doesn't even know it. Its so disgusting amd cruel that shes doing that. HE DESERVES SOMEONE THAT IS LOYAL AND WAY BETTER
Reply 16
Original post by Zarek
And what about the saying, 'don't meddle in things you don't understand'. Other people's relationships are their business and not easily fathomed. He's an adult and able to weigh up things for himself. Nothing to do with bullying. From what OP says the boyfriend is not even a close friend of hers. Doubt she'll be thanked for intervening.

But what if I know that she'll never tell him? , ALL of the relationships she's been in she cheated, and still none of her ex's know.
I'm just really confused, I thought it's a good thing to stand up to what you believe is right
Reply 17
wish i could just write to him anonymously,but sadly toxic people don't have much friends, so i'm pretty sure I'm the only one she's told about this :afraid:
wish i could just write to him anonymously,but sadly toxic people don't have much friends, so i'm pretty sure I'm the only one she's told about this :afraid:

One way to avoid detection completely might be to get some generic evidence of her cheating and then pass that on to him anonymously. I mean anyone can catch someone cheating right? :wink:

But you can't not do anything. If something's wrong and you're letting it happen then that means you're a party to it.
Reply 19
Unless you have absolute proof you cannot make accusations against your friend. You need evidence, that which is incontrovertible, such as messages or video recording.

Your good intent may be mislabelled as you trying to get one up on your "ex best friend."

Just my two pence as a slightly older person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending