The Student Room Group

Can I change my A-Levels this late?

I have picked my A-Levels already and am currently in Year 11. I have been already chosen my A-levels in Literature, Psychology and Geography.

I accepted an offer for a sixth form based on these choices however I am having big regrets.

When I say big regrets I mean I really want to change Literature and Geography to Chemistry and Biology.

I know.

I have an induction thing soon and was wondering if I could change them. You see I always wanted to pursue medicine but I kept keeping it inside me because I didn't think I could do it.

But now I know I can.

Please respond.

Much appreciated and good luck
Call them up today (sooner is always better than later) and ask. There is no point taking subjects that won't lead you to the future you want.
Lots of people swapped options in sixth form even after like one month after starting,so you could probably switch.But email them just to be safe.
Original post by Oneiropólos
I have picked my A-Levels already and am currently in Year 11. I have been already chosen my A-levels in Literature, Psychology and Geography.

I accepted an offer for a sixth form based on these choices however I am having big regrets.

When I say big regrets I mean I really want to change Literature and Geography to Chemistry and Biology.

I know.

I have an induction thing soon and was wondering if I could change them. You see I always wanted to pursue medicine but I kept keeping it inside me because I didn't think I could do it.

But now I know I can.

Please respond.

Much appreciated and good luck

Yes of course you can. As long as you meet the entry requirements to study those subjects you will be able to find somewhere to do them. There is a small chance that a subject may be "full" already but will probably have space come results day.
Yes, they usually confirm with you the subjects you want to do when you enrol. Just to be sure, ask about this on your induction day.
just a warning that medicine has a very high rejection rate. Go for it but be aware of that. There are many other medical options sholud that happen.
Don’t worry you can change them I changed my a levels like two times already and I’m in year 11 too lol
Original post by Blablaboopp
Don’t worry you can change them I changed my a levels like two times already and I’m in year 11 too lol

Lol thanks for the reassurance
Reply 8
Of course! I changed mine twice between results day and my first day of sixth form and there were no problems :smile:
I know people that changed on GCSE results day! As long as you ask them soon, you should be alright.

Quick Reply

Latest