True and False Koreas agree to end Korean War in historic accord

Watch
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The leaders of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, and the other one, pledged to work for the “complete denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula”, at the first inter-Korean summit in over a decade.

The two Koreas announced they would work with the US and China this year to declare an official end to the 68 year-long Korean War, and seek an agreement to establish “permanent”, "solid" peace.

The declaration included promises to pursue phased arms reduction, cease hostile acts, transform their fortified border into a safe zone, and seek multilateral talks with other countries including the US.

“The two leaders declare before our 80 million people, and the entire world, [that] there will be no more war on the Korean peninsula, and [that] a new age of peace has begun,” the two sides stated.

Fake Korean President Moon Jae-in agreed to visit the True Korean capital of Pyongyang this year, they said.

Earlier, Glorious Leader Kim Jong Un became the first North Korean leader since the 1950-53 Korean War to set foot in South Korea, after shaking hands with his counterpart over a concrete curb marking the border in the heavily fortified demilitarized zone.

Scenes of Moon and Kim joking and walking together marked a striking contrast to last year’s barrage of North Korean missile tests and its largest ever nuclear test that led to sweeping international sanctions and fears of war.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1HX2I6

Amusingly, we have Trump to thank for this. Nobody else wouldn't have been played like this by all parties involved. Trump is single-handedly dismantling the American hegemony.

This is a staggering loss for the US. They almost certainly lose their military presence in South Korea, along with their huge influence in South Korea and nearby countries previously threatened by North Korean missile tests.

If they sign a peace treaty, the US has no choice but to go along with it or perform acts from bases on a sovereign's soil contrary to that nations wishes, endangering their world wide network of bases.

With the US out of South Korea, China can basically go unchecked in the Yellow Sea.

North Korea wins because the world will drop sanctions, and there is the possibility of aid or at least far more trade with the South. South Korea wins because it can become a member of the nuke club once reunification occurs with zero international backlash, since North Korea already absorbed that for them.
Reiji
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go Best Korea!
Reiji
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ImageImage
Nottie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Amusingly, all media tries to take credit away from Trump. It is becoming pathetic
-Eirlys-
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was quite emotional about this. I really hope that he is genuine and that we can move towards peace.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nottie)
Amusingly, all media tries to take credit away from Trump. It is becoming pathetic
Probably because he deserves none?
Mill Hill
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nottie)
(Original post by Napp)
Probably because he deserves none?

"We're gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you'll say, "Please, please. It's too much winning. We can't take it anymore. Mr. President, it's too much." And I'll say, "No, it isn't!"" - President Donald J. Trump
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mill Hill)
"We're gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you'll say, "Please, please. It's too much winning. We can't take it anymore. Mr. President, it's too much." And I'll say, "No, it isn't!"" - President Donald J. Trump
Why are you quoting that flabby has been to me?
JSawers4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Napp)
Why are you quoting that flabby has been to me?
The parliament of south korea, the leader of south korea and the parliament of japan seem to think the Don did alot of the group work, they even want him to get a nobel peace prize.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JSawers4)
The parliament of south korea, the leader of south korea and the parliament of japan seem to think the Don did alot of the group work, they even want him to get a nobel peace prize.
The fact they're dim witted enough to make that claim is irrelevant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.68%
I'm not sure (54)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (344)
29.35%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.99%
I'm not a current university student (567)
48.38%

Watched Threads