Need help with revision A-level chemistry aqa

Watch
deathnote123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys how are you? So I want you guys to get to know me.. I do an A-level in chemistry as well as a Btec level 3 in science. I've been working on so many deadlines this year in such a short period of time because the teachers were too lazy to make me deadlines last year. I started my BTEC 6 months into my AS year due to problems with my Maths (I did Chem, Bio and Maths) and my sixth form isn't really great but I paid my fees at the start of the year because it's a private school hence, I couldn't leave. It was also the only option I had due to my sixth form forms not being sent by post but rather coming back to me (I also did my GCSE's here).
So I'm nearly finished with my BTEC but I've got a month till my chemistry exams (June 5th AQA) and I need help with how to revise. I've seen the new papers and they're soo different to the old papers which is kinda scary tbh!! I use a range of resources so I use A-level chemistry.com mainly for the topic questions but the notes are quite good but there's too much content and I don't even know if half of that stuff is even in the spec lol, chemrevise, chem fact sheets and the CGP book. Please help me someone I would really appreciate it and keep you in my prayers. I apologise for any spelling mistakes.
P.S trolls will be blocked
Thankssssss
alexriversxx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly the old spec aqa chemistry past papers aren't bad, many of the questions on there are similar to what will come up in the exam, just make sure to check out the aqa website about what has changed in the specification so you know what questions you don't need to answer and trust me, don't panic. You still have time to revise!
alivelight
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I use chemguide quite a lot, as the notes are summarised and it has all you need to know (it has been recommended by my chemistry teacher). The only thing that I'd say is not great are the diagrams for mechanisms/ reactions but those can be found elsewhere.
https://www.chemguide.co.uk/
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by deathnote123)
Hey guys how are you? So I want you guys to get to know me.. I do an A-level in chemistry as well as a Btec level 3 in science. I've been working on so many deadlines this year in such a short period of time because the teachers were too lazy to make me deadlines last year. I started my BTEC 6 months into my AS year due to problems with my Maths (I did Chem, Bio and Maths) and my sixth form isn't really great but I paid my fees at the start of the year because it's a private school hence, I couldn't leave. It was also the only option I had due to my sixth form forms not being sent by post but rather coming back to me (I also did my GCSE's here).
So I'm nearly finished with my BTEC but I've got a month till my chemistry exams (June 5th AQA) and I need help with how to revise. I've seen the new papers and they're soo different to the old papers which is kinda scary tbh!! I use a range of resources so I use A-level chemistry.com mainly for the topic questions but the notes are quite good but there's too much content and I don't even know if half of that stuff is even in the spec lol, chemrevise, chem fact sheets and the CGP book. Please help me someone I would really appreciate it and keep you in my prayers. I apologise for any spelling mistakes.
P.S trolls will be blocked
Thankssssss
I recommend using Chemguide. Doing questions is great practice. Practising calculations such as Kc and even the AS stuff like moles calculations etc.

Keep revising. A month is plenty of time. 👍🏽 We’re all in the same boat.
medicinemaniac
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alivelight)
I use chemguide quite a lot, as the notes are summarised and it has all you need to know (it has been recommended by my chemistry teacher). The only thing that I'd say is not great are the diagrams for mechanisms/ reactions but those can be found elsewhere.
https://www.chemguide.co.uk/
Really?? I'd say the mechanisms for AS are extremely helpful, I learnt the AS mechanisms from their sheet for memory and get full marks on mechanisms in exams now
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
chemguide. E Rintoul (youtube) Allery Chemistry (YouTube) are excellent. I found that by watching their videos I learned content a lot better than just reading all the time (although I do use my textbook still, I just don't rely on it).

a month isn't enough to cover all content so prioritise the harder topics and then do past papers.
alivelight
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by medicinemaniac)
Really?? I'd say the mechanisms for AS are extremely helpful, I learnt the AS mechanisms from their sheet for memory and get full marks on mechanisms in exams now
I find them hard to understand as the movement of electrons isn't very clear. Instead, I type 'AQA A level ______ mechanism' into google and usually I find diagrams that show it more clearly.
medicinemaniac
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alivelight)
I find them hard to understand as the movement of electrons isn't very clear. Instead, I type 'AQA A level ______ mechanism' into google and usually I find diagrams that show it more clearly.
ohh thats fair enough
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.05%
I'm not sure (3)
2.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (42)
32.56%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (59)
45.74%

Watched Threads