Report 1 year ago
I'd rather have three mistresses.
s18bgid
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Adam_pir)
Very good.. The first one was online, the second one was full time, and the third maybe it will be online also because I can't leave my job.
HI. Out of interest, who is the online MSc for £8500 with?
I personally think 3 Masters are excessive, as the whole point of qualifications are to use them as a stepping stone to work. Depending on the industry, some might think you have been part of a really expensive book club for the past 3 years.
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
3 Masters on a CV wouldn’t work for me either. Specially if there’d been no progression even to an MPhil.
bphorn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I know this thread is kinda old (but not super old), I just thought I'd chime in since I have 3 masters degrees.

I earned a BSc. (Hons) in Actuarial Science from Heriot-Watt, then I went to work in the US.

My employer had a $4000/year tuition reimbursement program that counted for professional (actuarial/CFA/CPA) exams and/or grad school tuition for approved degrees (you couldn't get reimbursed for a masters in biology, for example, but nearly any business discipline was approved). I started taking one course per semester from Edinburgh Business School (the online business school at Heriot-Watt ... which I also had 20% off tuition due to being an HW alumna). Over the last 15 years, I've earned:

MSc. in Financial Management (Heriot-Watt)
MSc. in Strategic Planning (Heriot-Watt)
LLM. in Risk Management (Texas A&M)

I'm an independent business consultant now and although I don't think my three degrees make all that much of a difference vs my experience and professional charters, it all adds up to me being regarded with slightly higher esteem and probably being able to charge more than somebody who didn't have 3 masters. I wouldn't recommend it unless the degrees were free or paid for by an employer.
Last edited by bphorn; 2 weeks ago
Adam_pir
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by bphorn)
I know this thread is kinda old (but not super old), I just thought I'd chime in since I have 3 masters degrees.

I earned a BSc. (Hons) in Actuarial Science from Heriot-Watt, then I went to work in the US.

My employer had a $4000/year tuition reimbursement program that counted for professional (actuarial/CFA/CPA) exams and/or grad school tuition for approved degrees (you couldn't get reimbursed for a masters in biology, for example, but nearly any business discipline was approved). I started taking one course per semester from Edinburgh Business School (the online business school at Heriot-Watt ... which I also had 20% off tuition due to being an HW alumna). Over the last 15 years, I've earned:

MSc. in Financial Management (Heriot-Watt)
MSc. in Strategic Planning (Heriot-Watt)
LLM. in Risk Management (Texas A&M)

I'm an independent business consultant now and although I don't think my three degrees make all that much of a difference vs my experience and professional charters, it all adds up to me being regarded with slightly higher esteem and probably being able to charge more than somebody who didn't have 3 masters. I wouldn't recommend it unless the degrees were free or paid for by an employer.
Very Nice
Thank you brother for sharing your experience
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads