0w3n
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Basically, I’m not sure what to do. We recently did one of the specimen papers as a mock of the end of war 12 exams and I got an E. I did tons of revision for this, loads of past papers and I went through the spec and learnt each section again. I got an A in physics and an A* in Maths at GCSE so it’s not like I don’t understand it, in fact I’ve understood everything we’ve learnt so far. Questions about the understanding of physics are easy for me, it’s just that most of the questions are maths based and are problem solving.

I have no clue how to prepare for questions like these, seeing as doing the past papers didn’t really help.
cakeboi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
GCSE's and A-Levels are very different - you can easily get good grades in GCSE exams without really having a solid understanding of the content.
Do you do A-Level maths? If so, then the maths based questions in physics are easy in comparison. I would suggest maybe using resources such as Isaac Physics or MyMaths. Most physics textbooks will have a section explaining the maths at the end, although these are quite brief.
Callicious
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I can recommend Sears and Zemansky's University Physics with Modern Physics for A Level Phys. Sure, it's a first year Uni book. But it's basically just A Level with some trimmings.

10/10 will help, honestly. Questions are worked through in the main section, and the back has odd-numbered question answers. If you ever have trouble, you can always just google it, and an answer is right there, worked through generally.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (520)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (638)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.54%

Watched Threads