The Student Room Group

Anyone here know how to download pdfs from scribd?

For free
Reply 1
Ah ok sorry, didn't know it was against the rules. But listennnn Scribd profits by selling copyrighted illegal files and books that millions of people had put their blood, sweat and tears into making as Scribd users upload files there without the consent of the authors and at the end of the day, all the money that the author deserves goes to Scribd and they don't do anything about it. So whoever pays for those files is doing a whole lot worse than what I want to do bc 1. they're paying less than they should and 2. Only Scribd profits. So even if I had the money I still wouldn't pay for Scribd's services, I'd buy a pdf from Amazon.
So what do you call that?
Reply 2
Kinda shocked you never knew it existed but regardless I use AdBlock so no.

As a frequent user of the site, I can assure you there are a lot of pirated pdfs on scribd and plenty of authors have become a victim of piracy.

Of ****ing course their Wikipedia article would say that cos maybe that's what they want you to think. I don't think that's true but I don't have evidence to back me up.

No bc at least they don't make money by selling pirated content so they deserve the benefit of the doubt i.e maybe they can't do anything to prevent that but Scribd absolutely does not! Scribd should be held 100% liable for all of it's content bc that's how it's generating it's money and otherwise their money is fraudulent!

What?! I'd still hold this opinion even if I'd never used or visited Scribd.

There is plenty of copyrighted content and even if it's just 40% of the content, or even 5%, the fact that it's there shows Scribd isn't taking active measures to take down those files.

Yeah you're right about that first bit. But if the owner uploads their or someone else's book, file, whatever on Scribd don't you think that the owner deserves some share of the money? Why should it all go to the platform?

Yeah I don't but I'm not pretending. I actually hold this opinion that Scribd doesn't deserve most of the money it makes since most of the stuff on it is pirated content. What moral highpoint??? :lol: If anything I'm one completely immoral thief headed to hell on a fast rate bc even though I don't pay, I still benefit from pirated content that I'm not supposed to benefit from freely bc I could and do still access those files, just can't download them.

Oh noo nothing would devastate me more than that :lol:
Thing is, whenever I look up a book or a pdf file that is locked on other sites, I almost always find the whole file on Scribd by someone who had no right to upload the file so virtually all the content I use is pirated but if you start using it you're most probably going to buy/view content that Scribd suggests or maybe something from it's front page that caught your eye so you'd think that I'm wrong.

Yeah. I just wish it were a torrent site.

On a slightly unrelated note, no offence but why did you bother replying to this thread if you had never known of it's existence and don't even use it in the first place? What does it matter to you?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
I feel both enlightened and stupid, mostly stupid. I thought Scribd was extremely well known tbh.
All good points, you win :king1:

While this thread's still here, can you tell me what's P2P and decentralisation? Also what can you do with the Forensic Computing skill set and what's the best thing about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending