The Student Room Group

why do vegetarians eat plants since plants are alive

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Eating the flesh of a plant is not morally justified because it is a living organism.

eating the fruits of a plant is justified, since fruits are produced by plants with the goal to be eaten by animals, so the seeds can be spread and conveniently pre-fertilized by the animals (including humans) once they’re digested and excreted.

Fruits are plants
Why is this in relationships? Lmao
shut up I hate this argument
Original post by johnny.snow

Vegans love killing plants they are in a relationship woth. Evil I know....
Vegans love killing plants they are in a relationship woth. Evil I know....

what do you eat?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA 😅 Vegans actually follow this principle. My friend billy said his dad does and my friend billy doesn't lie because if he does he does not get pocket money.
Becuase we need plants. We just kill animals for the sake of greed. (It TaSteS gOoD)
Does this mean animal cruelty doesn't exist because plant cruelty doesn't?
Eating the flesh of a plant is not morally justified because it is a living organism.

eating the fruits of a plant is justified, since fruits are produced by plants with the goal to be eaten by animals, so the seeds can be spread and conveniently pre-fertilized by the animals (including humans) once they’re digested and excreted.

That is not a valid point since humans excrete the seeds into sewers which means they will never grow. Therefore humans eating these fruits is not serving the goal of the plant, and by your argument, means you should not eat them.
Does this mean animal cruelty doesn't exist because plant cruelty doesn't?

Cruelty is a matter of choice...and while one has choice it will always exist.
Original post by Sanjith Hegde123
Becuase we need plants. We just kill animals for the sake of greed. (It TaSteS gOoD)

We need animals and killing plants is for the sake of greed.
Original post by Stevo F
That is not a valid point since humans excrete the seeds into sewers which means they will never grow. Therefore humans eating these fruits is not serving the goal of the plant, and by your argument, means you should not eat them.

In the sewers it is possible for a homeless vegetarian to find.
We need animals and killing plants is for the sake of greed.

Um no it doesn't work like that at all.
We wouldn't survive without vegetables, we would die pretty harshly with all sorts of diseases with animal-only products.
You can live an amazing life on a vegetarian diet, but a pretty short and **** one with just meat.
Cruelty is a matter of choice...and while one has choice it will always exist.

You can't choose to be cruel to plants though. There's no such thing as plant cruelty.

If we say cruelty is of any kind is wrong and killing animals is a form of cruelty then killing animals is wrong. It's not cruel to kill plants.
Looool your point becomes what should you eat and you dont even try give a point regarding how it is fine to eat them....so you know its wrong if following your principle of veganism but you dont really gaf.

Not vegan.
I don't need to give a point animals eat plants, the animals are bred over an over so people can eat meat. Doesn't that make meat eaters worse for collectively eating more plants?
(edited 6 years ago)
Whyyyyy?!

Plants can’t feel pain, that’s probably the main reason.

Vegetarians openly decry the slaughter of animals but they think nothing of tearing carrots and spuds out of the earth or of sticking a zucchini into a high-speed blender. .

Laughed out loud at this. Saving it for my funny quote section.

Original post by Piece of hair
wha?

Lolled at your username.

It’s about our relationship with plants and the Earth :holmes:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Plants can’t feel pain, that’s probably the main reason.

Laughed out loud at this. Saving it for my funny quote section.

Lolled at your username.

what about it? :/

(I like your avatar btw <3 )
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It’s about our relationship with plants and the Earth :holmes:

I thought it was because OP didn't want to expose how retarded he/she is being here but fair.
Original post by Studystix
Then what should we eat then? air?

do not compare plants to animals lol plants do not have blood while animals do man :colone:they do not breath oxygen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending