The Student Room Group

Is it okay for men to put there hands on females?

So there is a thread with a guy talking About how he hit this girl for getting in his personal space and thinks it’s okay that he did it.. I personally don’t think it is okay so put ur hands on anyone any gender it don’t matter...but for a man to hit a female that is deff not okay.. what do you guys think...

EDIT: IT IS NOT OKAY FOR ANYONE TO PUT THERE HANDS ON ANYONE... ABUSE IS NOT OKAY... NOT PHYSICALLY MENTALLY OR EMOTIONALLY... ITS NOT OKAY...
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Its not okay without consent.

#DisrespectNobodywithSpotify

https://www.disrespectnobody.co.uk
Reply 2
I don’t think it’s okay at all... I get sometimes ur put in situations and have no choice .. but to do it for something so stupid like she got in my personal space.. is not okay... and I think it’s worse for a man to hit a female ...
Agreed - unless in self-defence with reasonable force.
Reply 4
Original post by EmilyH1256
So there is a thread with a guy talking About how he hit this girl for getting in his personal space and thinks it’s okay that he did it.. I personally don’t think it is okay so put ur hands on anyone any gender it don’t matter...but for a man to hit a female that is deff not okay.. what do you guys think...

In self-defence, yes.
Reply 5
Original post by johnny.snow
Agreed - unless in self-defence with reasonable force.

Original post by LLearnt
In self-defence, yes.

Yes but I still feel if a female hits a man he still shouldn’t hit her back .. a man is physically stronger then a female so it’s just not right ..
Reply 6
Yes but I still feel if a female hits a man he still shouldn’t hit her back .. a man is physically stronger then a female so it’s just not right ..

Maybe the woman shoulda thought of that before she hit him

Hence, with reasonable force. If she's throwing punches left and right he should have the right to stop her even if it has to be physically.
Reply 8
Is it ok for the female to hit a man?
Reply 9
Hence, with reasonable force. If she's throwing punches left and right he should have the right to stop her even if it has to be physically.

Original post by Stuffme
Is it ok for the female to hit a man?

No it’s is not okay for a female to hit a male either but yes he should be able to stop her or defend his self but he don’t have to turn around and punch her he can just grab her arms and hold her...

Yet in the end they are both individuals who value their own life and health.
Gender shouldn't be such a big issue that it has to be taken into account when a person has to defend themselves from harm.
No it’s is not okay for a female to hit a male either but yes he should be able to stop her or defend his self but he don’t have to turn around and punch her he can just grab her arms and hold her...

I mean if he's unable to restrain her and punching her is his only option then you go bro!
Original post by LLearnt
Yet in the end they are both individuals who value their own life and health.
Gender shouldn't be such a big issue that it has to be taken into account when a person has to defend themselves from harm.

From harm yes okay ... but for i.e say ur arguing with a girl and she just punches u she is so upset let’s says she’s punching u in the chest .. is not okay for the male to just punch her back.. when all he really needs to do is grab her arms and hold her... now if the female is just throwing punches and they are landing everywhere and she’s kicking and possibly pulls out a weapon then by all mean hit her.. right?
I mean if he's unable to restrain her and punching her is his only option then you go bro!

Exactly..but for a man to his hall off and hit a female is not okay for no reason or just cus she got in ur personal space.. same Vice versa.. and for the same sex hitting eachother same thing applies
(edited 5 years ago)
Doesn't have to be a wife. I used to date a FA [flight attendant]. Most of these gals have really serious problems with guys. That is why nearly every guy flying as a steward on a commercial airline is gay. The gals won't tolerate a straight male flying with them, because either he's hitting on them for a date all the time, or they THINK he is.

This gal, once she got to know you - which took about 6 to 8 months, became increasingly abusive. At first it was just verbal, but then she would take to beating on you with her closed fist. I'm over 230 lbs and 6 ft 1 inch, and she was about 5 ft 4 inches, so it wasn't much of a match. I'd just turn my back on her and walk off. She couldn't do much damage beating on my back. The only risky part was if i was sitting down, or wasn't expecting it, she could get half a dozen licks in before i could move off. She broke my glasses 3 times that way, once cutting my eyebrow badly enough that i needed stitches. It drove her nutz that i didn't 'reply in kind' - but of course - that was exactly what she wanted me to do. I didn't like the way i was being treated, so i wasn't going to give her what she wanted, and i certainly wasn't going to let her control the relationship. She eventually walked off, and ended up marrying a lawyer i think. I often wondered how long she stayed married. Not long i suspect. Cheers.
From harm yes okay ... but for i.e say ur arguing with a girl and she just punches u she is so upset let’s says she’s punching u in the chest .. is not okay for the male to just punch her back.. when all he really needs to do is grab her arms and hold her... ?

Would it be reasonable to punch them back if the genders were reversed?
From harm yes okay ... but for i.e say ur arguing with a girl and she just punches u she is so upset let’s says she’s punching u in the chest .. is not okay for the male to just punch her back.. when all he really needs to do is grab her arms and hold her... now if the female is just throwing punches and they are landing everywhere and she’s kicking and possibly pulls out a weapon then by all mean hit her.. right?

How do you just grab someone's arms and they stop attacking you? They have feet, knees, teeth, a forehead. Pain is a good deterrent that's worth trying, and it shouldn't be forced upon anyone to keep giving their attacker another opportunity to attack them.
Exactly..but for a man to his hall off and hit a female is not okay for no reason or just cus she got in ur personal space.. same Vice versa.. and for the same sex hitting eachother same thing applies

Yeah you're right but tbh I need to read the full context.

I do think if you hit a woman after she hits you, you're both equally wrong even if men are stronger. It's like saying it's more wrong for a muscular guy to hit a skinny guy after him first being attacked.

Yeah, I don't mean that he just punches her punch for punch over some argument. Different situations require different appropriate responses.
Reply 19

aren't you a feminist or am I getting you confused with somebody else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending