Den987
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I just wanted to ask about a certain scenario,

If I hold two offers: conditional AAA as my firm and unconditional as my insurance. If on results day I get say ABB, so I miss my firm but still have my unconditional as my insurance, can I go through adjustment???
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Den987)
So I just wanted to ask about a certain scenario,

If I hold two offers: conditional AAA as my firm and unconditional as my insurance. If on results day I get say ABB, so I miss my firm but still have my unconditional as my insurance, can I go through adjustment???
No you have to exceed your firm choice, you'd have to get your insurance to put you into clearing to apply elsewhere.
Den987
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
No you have to exceed your firm choice, you'd have to get your insurance to put you into clearing to apply elsewhere.
I was asking because for my unconditional offer, they would generally ask for BCC.

I remember reading that if you meet all the criteria for your firm conditional offer then it becomes unconditional and you have a 5 day period to go through adjustment, (not taking clearing into account), so I was checking to see what would happen if I get ABB. Since if I don't meet the conditions for my firm then my insurance automatically becomes my next choice.

I just wanted to get a rough idea for what i should put for my firm and insurance.
I basically have this:

Birmingham University - conditional AAA (firming 100%)
Durham - conditional AAB - not going to be one of my choices
Lancaster - ABB - conditional - good university but still asks for high grades
Northampton - Unconditional - it's unconditional but not the best for my course so I don't really want to go here. Though I'm nervous that if I reject my unconditional and don't get the grades then I won't get in anywhere.

Any advice?????
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was asking because for my unconditional offer, they would generally ask for BCC.

I remember reading that if you meet all the criteria for your firm conditional offer then it becomes unconditional and you have a 5 day period to go through adjustment, (not taking clearing into account), so I was checking to see what would happen if I get ABB. Since if I don't meet the conditions for my firm then my insurance automatically becomes my next choice.

I just wanted to get a rough idea for what i should put for my firm and insurance.
I basically have this:

Birmingham University - conditional AAA (firming 100%)
Durham - conditional AAB - not going to be one of my choices
Lancaster - ABB - conditional - good university but still asks for high grades
Northampton - Unconditional - it's unconditional but not the best for my course so I don't really want to go here. Though I'm nervous that if I reject my unconditional and don't get the grades then I won't get in anywhere.

Any advice?????
If you got BBB that still would leave loads of options in clearing and you shouldn't put down choices that you don't want to go to so seems like lancaster is the only place you'd want as your insurance.
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would keep it with Birmingham then Lancaster. You could probably get into Northampton or an equivalent university through clearing if you get less than ABB.
Den987
Rep:
?
(Original post by futbol)
I would keep it with Birmingham then Lancaster. You could probably get into Northampton or an equivalent university through clearing if you get less than ABB.
True.

I know that the deadline is the 3rd of May (for me at least), but I wanted to get another opinion. My folks for example are pressuring me to go with the unconditional because I might miss my grades, (or I might not). Plus Lancaster is far away from home. But I don't really want to because it's not that good for my course. I applied there just in case I might not get any offers.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
True.

I know that the deadline is the 3rd of May (for me at least), but I wanted to get another opinion. My folks for example are pressuring me to go with the unconditional because I might miss my grades, (or I might not). Plus Lancaster is far away from home. But I don't really want to because it's not that good for my course. I applied there just in case I might not get any offers.
Spending around £45k on something you don't want is a pretty silly thing to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.93%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.97%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.22%
I need help with my personal statement (51)
38.06%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
26.12%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.24%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.46%

Watched Threads