The Student Room Group

Should the EU symbol be banned from UK car number plates?

This poll is closed

Should the EU flag be banned from UK car number plates?

Yes! We are leaving the EU and its disrespectful to display it. 13%
No.88%
Total votes: 16
A lot of UK cars have the EU symbol on their number plate. I think it should be banned after Brexit because we are won’t be in the EU and it shows disrespect to the majority who voted to leave. Let’s face it people do not want to see the EU flag on cars.

Any car with the EU flag on its number plate after Brexit should Fail it’s MOT as the symbol is inappropriate or the driver be fined. The number plate is a legal piece of kit and showing the EU flag should be illegal.

Motorists will have the option to paint over it in white or yellow depending on the number plate. OR cover it with a blank sticker. OR cover it with a sticker of the Union Jack. OR buy a new number plate.

Scroll to see replies

yes, they should display the Russian Flag; that was who won the Glorious People's Referendum
Original post by Ambitious1999
A lot of UK cars have the EU symbol on their number plate. I think it should be banned after Brexit because we are won’t be in the EU and it shows disrespect to the majority who voted to leave. Let’s face it people do not want to see the EU flag on cars.

Close your eyes then.
Brexitards are a complete joke
Why should it be banned? Production of these number plates would obviously stop but nobody should be forced to cover it up.
Reply 5
Original post by mojosodope
Brexitards are a complete joke

What really is a joke is you lot getting so triggered at the winning campaign for losing :laugh:
Ha Remoaners eh?
Original post by The RAR
What really is a joke is you lot getting so triggered at the winning campaign for losing :laugh:
Ha Remoaners eh?

Literally your only argument. We speak the straight facts and all you can say is "BUH YOU LOST STOP BEING SO TRIGGERED AND ACCEPT IT LOSER"

Yes. We've accepted it. And now we'll have fun telling you how stupid you are for voting brexit and pointing out the facts :wink:
Putin won fair and square. we should accept the result and wait for the inevitable.
Reply 8
Literally your only argument. We speak the straight facts and all you can say is "BUH YOU LOST STOP BEING SO TRIGGERED AND ACCEPT IT LOSER"

Yes. We've accepted it. And now we'll have fun telling you how stupid you are for voting brexit and pointing out the facts :wink:

Well we will just have to wait and see. I am already aware of your facts like the single market, a "stronger" economy, no or reduced tariffs...but I still support Brexit. Oh have I touched another nerve of yours? Glad you accept it so why hate on us? Just let it go, insult and moan at me as much as you like you are only making yourself and your fellow remainers look stupid. Like these idiots with hoods trying to harm brexiteers, that is what someone would call really stupid:
[video]https://youtu.be/VGYLwtvQKxM[/video]
Original post by The RAR
Well we will just have to wait and see. I am already aware of your facts like the single market, a "stronger" economy, no or reduced tariffs...but I still support Brexit. Oh have I touched another nerve of yours? Glad you accept it so why hate on us? Just let it go, insult and moan at me as much as you like you are only making yourself and your fellow remainers look stupid. Like these idiots with hoods trying to harm brexiteers, that is what someone would call really stupid:
[video]https://youtu.be/VGYLwtvQKxM[/video]/QUOTE]

Except im not the one moaning...you are...

I couldnt care less about you tbh. You think too highly of yourself

Except im not the one moaning...you are...

I couldnt care less about you tbh. You think too highly of yourself

How am I moaning? I am only pointing out how you are moaning by insulting me and us brexiteers with such BS and hypocritical replies. Calling us stupid when you were looking stupid yourself. And yes I actually think I am more highly than you for sure. I know you will come back at me with some nonsense whatever I say so I will just ignore you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
You seem to be a bit of a crack pot...
Original post by The RAR
How am I moaning? I am only pointing out how you are moaning by insulting me and us brexiteers with such BS and hypocritical replies. Calling us stupid when you were looking stupid yourself. And yes I actually think I am more highly than you for sure. I know you will come back at me with some nonsense whatever I say so I will just ignore you.

Pathetic. You people are a joke, since you find the EU flag insulting because of brexit. Let's forget the serious issues and cover up a ****ing flag on cars.

Stop moaning and replying to me then you pathetic petulant baby.
I am assuming they will no longer be on new numberplates from September 2019. After this, they’ll die out eventually. Banning is pointless.
Original post by The RAR
How am I moaning?

By reporting my posts. :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Andrew97
I am assuming they will no longer be on new numberplates from September 2019. After this, they’ll die out eventually. Banning is pointless.

I know what you mean but the EU symbol is a political symbol of a despised organisation that should not be seen in public. After Brexit, Britain needs to come together and rid itself of bad thoughts, influences and symbols of the past, that includes books, flags and symbols. We need to unite behind our freedom. Teachers need to promote the value of our independence in schools and create a generation of pioneers. Next year we leave the EU but that’s not the end of it, we need to ensure we have pure support for our destiny. It could take several years to shake off the EU influence but together we can carry through Brexit to the end.
By reporting my posts. :biggrin::biggrin:

I did not, I don't know who did it. I suspect is because you were insulting me by calling me a baby something *cough cough* and accusing me of moaning
Reply 17
Yes, the EU flag should only be allowed if it's attached to the wiper blades, to wash away the Remaincar's salty tears...

But seriously, no. Seems a bit nutty and extreme to ban a harmless symbol/flag thingie.
Flying an EU flag isn't even something I considered, but you're right - the brexit camp is mostly full of whiny, easily offended, sensitive snowflakes, this will be the best way to wind them up. I think I'll fly one out of my window :lol:

Cheers for the idea, OP
Original post by Ambitious1999

Any car with the EU flag on its number plate after Brexit should Fail it’s MOT as the symbol is inappropriate or the driver be fined. The number plate is a legal piece of kit and showing the EU flag should be illegal.

Motorists will have the option to paint over it in white or yellow depending on the number plate. OR cover it with a blank sticker. OR cover it with a sticker of the Union Jack. OR buy a new number plate.

Don't be an idiot! Do you really want to live in a fascist state?

48.1% of the country (that's nearly 1/2 of all who voted) wanted to remain; also many who voted to leave are now regretting their decision (seeing the mess and uncertainty the country is in now). Forcing them to change their number plates shows disrespect for their feelings / beliefs and will only further divide the country.

If people want to change their number plates cause they don't want the EU symbol on their property, then they're free to change them, cover them or whatever... but forcing people to change their plates is a waste of effort and money. Money which could be far better used in improving other areas (now we can supposedly spend it how we please).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending