Wildnatxox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
how does one become an activist like Martin Luther king or malala Yousafzai but in the UK.
Axiomasher
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Start a movement for something you believe passionately about, dedicate your life to it, make a lot of speeches.
Wildnatxox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Axiomasher)
Start a movement for something you believe passionately about, dedicate your life to it, make a lot of speeches.

I knowww that but how do you actually begin this movement like where do you go
Axiomasher
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wildnatxox)
I knowww that but how do you actually begin this movement like where do you go
Start writing articles for publication which address your concerns/ideas, this will be good preparation for the speech making. You need to become known. Get involved in an organisation that has the same or related aims so you can network. Start a blog, aim to meet local councillors (or which ever individuals or groups are most pertinent to publicising or furthering your aims). If you think there's a political party that is most obviously receptive to your aims then join it and promote it from within. Start a few threads at TSR to test out your arguments and see how they might be responded to by idiots.
Wildnatxox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Axiomasher)
Start writing articles for publication which address your concerns/ideas, this will be good preparation for the speech making. You need to become known. Get involved in an organisation that has the same or related aims so you can network. Start a blog, aim to meet local councillors (or which ever individuals or groups are most pertinent to publicising or furthering your aims). If you think there's a political party that is most obviously receptive to your aims then join it and promote it from within. Start a few threads at TSR to test out your arguments and see how they might be responded to by idiots.

okay thank for the advice
farahhh24
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
^I agree! Meeting your local representatives is a good way to get involved in politics. Look up your MP, you can check how they've voted on issues online, and see if they'll agree with some of your ideas. Maybe send an email if they can't meet you in person!

I don't know if you've read or seen Les Miserables but you could do a student activism group at your college/uni, like L'Amis del ABC! Of course, that depends on the type of movement you want to create and if people at your school will support it.

I don't know how realistic this one is, but maybe get in touch with people organising a protest similar to the movement you'd like to start! I'm not entirely sure where you'd get their contact information from, but if you did, you could help organising and maybe even do a speech!
Wildnatxox
Rep:
?
(Original post by farahhh24)
^I agree! Meeting your local representatives is a good way to get involved in politics. Look up your MP, you can check how they've voted on issues online, and see if they'll agree with some of your ideas. Maybe send an email if they can't meet you in person!

I don't know if you've read or seen Les Miserables but you could do a student activism group at your college/uni, like L'Amis del ABC! Of course, that depends on the type of movement you want to create and if people at your school will support it.

I don't know how realistic this one is, but maybe get in touch with people organising a protest similar to the movement you'd like to start! I'm not entirely sure where you'd get their contact information from, but if you did, you could help organising and maybe even do a speech!

well the main problem is that my issue is not spoken about as much, it takes much courage and much strength to fight against it. It's very well hidden therefore many people in public don't even know about it and my local mp and adults i spoke to don't take it seriously but it's an issue that leaves me in concern and there are many people who see this concern too just the issue is very complicated and there isn't one person in UK who has made a fight or protest to it I want to be the first person and I'm 15
farahhh24
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could you say what the issue is?
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wildnatxox)
how does one become an activist like Martin Luther king or malala Yousafzai but in the UK.
You don't really become an activist. You have a cause that you stand up for so vehemently that you become an activist as you try to persuade everyone else that your cause is worth pursuing.
Axiomasher
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  anything is possible.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  37.2 KB
HighOnGoofballs
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is actually a pretty big market for 15-year-old activists. It's called Facebook.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads