HPN21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Have any Oxford DPhil applicants on here heard back from Clarendon or ESRC? I am asking to get an idea of whether it is worth the wait or not. I asked my Dep't (Social Policy & Intervention) and they said that they never get involved beyond nominations as nominees get contacted directly by the funding bodies. I was nominated for both Clarendon & ESRC but haven't heard back from any and I am beginning to panic. Has any one heard back be it a positive or negative decision? When did you hear? Websites state decisions will be relayed between 15/April & June (majority of decisions in April) and that if you haven't heard by June, consider yourself unsuccessful. I would also appreciate responses from past applicants about when they heard. Any past applicants had their funding decisions in June? Apologies for the relentless Qs but such is the life of a hanging applicant
SilverSun
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My friends who got scholarships in past years told me they heard back way earlier than this, but I'm in the same boat as you (nominated for Clarendon and research council) and I've heard nothing. Two weeks ago I emailed my department asking about it and they said they're still at the decision stage. I haven't heard back since, but it appears to me that neither has anyone else. It's frustrating I know. Research councils at least should get back to you regardless of their decision, though.
HPN21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi SilverSun, Thank you for responding. It puts my mind at rest I guess, to hear that someone else is waiting for a response. Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (10)
43.48%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (2)
8.7%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (1)
4.35%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (5)
21.74%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (2)
8.7%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
13.04%

Watched Threads