Does the 02 London arena check ID for under 16's? Watch

rhiaxnon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so to sum up i want to go to a concert for my favourite band and i really want to go in the pit / A1 however i am only 15 and you have to be 16. i understand why but to be honest i could take all the pushing but i am worried about buying a ticket and not getting in. Has anyone got in that was 15 before?
Glaz
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've been before and they didn't for me.
Pillowface7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rhiaxnon)
so to sum up i want to go to a concert for my favourite band and i really want to go in the pit / A1 however i am only 15 and you have to be 16. i understand why but to be honest i could take all the pushing but i am worried about buying a ticket and not getting in. Has anyone got in that was 15 before?
(is this for bts cuz there's lots of anger about this on twitter)
The organisers have said that they will check for Id on the door. I geuss to check if all the details of the tickets are right. Also, if something happens to you in the pit (and you are under 16) they might be liable (not sure).
It would be nice if they changed it, but i doubt they will.
rhiaxnon
Rep:
?
(Original post by bubbbs)
(is this for bts cuz there's lots of anger about this on twitter)
The organisers have said that they will check for Id on the door. I geuss to check if all the details of the tickets are right. Also, if something happens to you in the pit (and you are under 16) they might be liable (not sure).
It would be nice if they changed it, but i doubt they will.
yes it is bts but i really want to be as close to them as possible and i really do hope they change it. however it is one month till ticket sale and i doubt they will
sunshinekth
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rhiaxnon)
Is this the bts concert? I want to go too and I will also be 15 at the time but wanna go in the standing area! Everywhere I’ve looked ppl have said they don’t do id checks and me and my friend both look 16, and especially will in October. Hopefully someone can reply?? 😬
Pillowface7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sunshinekth)
Is this the bts concert? I want to go too and I will also be 15 at the time but wanna go in the standing area! Everywhere I’ve looked ppl have said they don’t do id checks and me and my friend both look 16, and especially will in October. Hopefully someone can reply?? 😬
Is it worth the risk tho? The organisers are probably aware of the young fanbase and they have been getting lots of questions about this on twitter. What if the clock on and start doing Id checks. I understand that it isn't fair but sadly rules are rules. I don't think its entirely impossible that they wont change this rule. We still have a month to save up and hopefully we will recieve more info on this.
sunshinekth
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bubbbs)
Is it worth the risk tho? The organisers are probably aware of the young fanbase and they have been getting lots of questions about this on twitter. What if the clock on and start doing Id checks. I understand that it isn't fair but sadly rules are rules. I don't think its entirely impossible that they wont change this rule. We still have a month to save up and hopefully we will recieve more info on this.
yeah i see what you mean. it’s just sad seeing as they know most of the fanbase is young
Kravence
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's not easy to check ID for under 16s because the only accepted form would realistically be your passport unless you rush to get your provisional.
Booklover99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In my opinionI think that due to the fuss people are making on social media about wether or not under 16 year olds can be in the standing area , they are probably going to be doing age checks for this event as it is due to health and saftey reasons why under 16 year olds are not allowed there. so better be safe than sorry.
sunshinekth
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
so i’ve been looking on the o2 twt account and sometimes they say that you HAVE to bring id if you want to go in standing, but sometimes they say you SHOULD bring it if they think you look 16- and may be asked for it. however, the o2 official site for bts faq’s says that you should bring it if you look under 16. so if u think u look 16+ and want to risk it then go for it. (but don’t blame me if u don’t get in lmaoo) Name:  13038498-9180-4162-94E9-F6079E841DAD.jpg.jpeg
Views: 186
Size:  18.5 KB
rhiaxnon
Rep:
?
i emailed the o2 and they said if you look over 16 then you probably will not have an ID check but at this age there is no ID and they cant turn away nearly everyone right?
jeonshii
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh my gosh I was questioning the same thing. I'll still be 15 when they come to perform at the O2. The only thing is I'm quite short and everyone tells me I look young for my age, so without makeup there's not a chance they'll think I'm 16.
Saffronxox
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was also thinking the same thing. I’ll be 14 before I go to the bts concert and I live in Scotland so it will take about 10 hours to get down to London. If people are saying things on twitter and the o2 is seeing that people are doing this. it’s 50/50 chance on trying to get in if your under 16. The best way of probably getting in. is being with older people who are 16 and dressing up older than you are wearing make up etc. I was at a gig recently for black veil brides and the standing was 14-16 But I got in fine cause there was a lot of people trying to get in at once and they were only checking for the tickets. They did say they were going to check for ID but they didn’t cause of how many people were pushing to get in. So if the bts concert is going to be a big concert you might be able to get in but I’m not sure. The best chance you have is being with people older than you and trying to convince you saying that you’re are 16 and getting in. So if you feel confident that you can get in then take the risk but if you’re not then that’s up to you. I might take the risk on getting in since my friend who is 16 is coming and my mum is coming as well. GOOD LUCK~
Jasmine0608
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wan't to get the tickets too. I'll be 15 by then and i look over 16 so i might as well pass. It's best if we blend into a group with older people so that it's more believable. The more people that buy VIP tickets our age the more chance we have in getting in as it would be pointless for them to stop a huge group of us from getting in.
ToniLove1710
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'll be 17 but I'm going with my sister who's 14 but we wanted to have seated tickets, will they check our id?
My Monster
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm 15, and my friend is 14. Can we still get standing tickets, I don't know if I want to risk it, but I kinda do. It's obviously for the BTS concert. My parents don't want to go so I can't get seating positions, I can only go for standing positions. It's in nearly 2 days! I'm afraid if I get standing positions they'll ask for ID. I look at least 16, but I'm only 5.4 ft. I was thinking about wearing platform and makeup as well as getting braids and gaining extra weight for the concert. I'm really skinny and have boobs, so if I gain weight my boobs will get bigger giving my an older approach. Ideally, you wouldn't imagine a 14-year-old with massive boobs. Also, I wouldn't wear skimpy clothes but more mature clothing.
jen_04
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
u going to bts concert? ME TOO, hopefully if i can get tickets. email them.
jen_04
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ToniLove1710)
I'll be 17 but I'm going with my sister who's 14 but we wanted to have seated tickets, will they check our id?
no seated is any age
jen_04
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by My Monster)
I'm 15, and my friend is 14. Can we still get standing tickets, I don't know if I want to risk it, but I kinda do. It's obviously for the BTS concert. My parents don't want to go so I can't get seating positions, I can only go for standing positions. It's in nearly 2 days! I'm afraid if I get standing positions they'll ask for ID. I look at least 16, but I'm only 5.4 ft. I was thinking about wearing platform and makeup as well as getting braids and gaining extra weight for the concert. I'm really skinny and have boobs, so if I gain weight my boobs will get bigger giving my an older approach. Ideally, you wouldn't imagine a 14-year-old with massive boobs. Also, I wouldn't wear skimpy clothes but more mature clothing.
you'd be better with seated tbh, no point in making all that effort to make yourself look older when they'll still check ID's
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Last time I went to the O2 London arena they checked my ID and everyone else's just to confirm that we're the ones who bought the tickets. I don't think they'll ask your ID if you're under 16 though, they'll probably just ask the e-mail you got for confirmation (which you can show on your phone or something).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.88%
They might tell the bully (27)
9.78%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.94%
It might lead to more bullying (103)
37.32%
There's nothing they could do (83)
30.07%

Watched Threads