The Student Room Group

A friend who doesn’t stand up for you?

What does it mean if a friend never helps you defend yourself when someone is being b*tchy to or about you? And just stands there and watches, and pretends it didn’t happen afterwards?

I made a stupid mistake once in a supermarket when I was with these friends, and a stranger called me a ‘little c*nt’. I was embarrassed and upset but the friends just found it funny, and told me to leave so they could tell one of their brothers, who also found it funny. I wanted the ground to swallow me up, they seemed oblivious to how upset I was :/
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
What does it mean if a friend never helps you defend yourself when someone is being b*tchy to or about you? And just stands there and watches, and pretends it didn’t happen afterwards?

I made a stupid mistake once in a supermarket when I was with these friends, and a stranger called me a ‘little c*nt’. I was embarrassed and upset but the friends just found it funny, and told me to leave so they could tell one of their brothers, who also found it funny. I wanted the ground to swallow me up, they seemed oblivious to how upset I was :/

Their not your friends.
Find some new ones
Tell someone how they act towards you because that isn't friendship, that's just bullying
Not a friend, imo unless you have that jokey aspect in your friendship

In situations like that, you either laugh it off or dish back as good as you're given.
Original post by Anonymous

Well clearly they aren’t your real friends. Your real friends have your back regardless, if they just stand there and watch they r “pussy’s”. The best thing to do is avoid being mates with them and when they require your support you do exactly the same.
But tbf the supermarket incident isn’t too bad I wouldn’t call that being a bad mate. They just found it amusing.
But at the end it’s your choice to find out who your real mates are ~ no-one is perfect but that being said have some dignity and pride and don’t let people chat or treat you like ****.
they aren't ur friends, no absolutely not.
Reply 5
Thanks everyone. This happened a while ago and I cut one of them off for a while because of it, and other reasons. Was just wondering if cutting her off was a good idea, and judging but what everyone’s saying, it was.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending