The Student Room Group

Do you believe in true love?

I believe in it, and I believe in soulmates, too. I believe that God has made a certain special person for everyone. However, not everyone in the world finds their true love/soulmate, which explains why there are a lot of divorces, separations, domestic violence, cheating, etc going on. Nonetheless there are a special few who do find it, and for some reason, I believe I will be one of them. :smile:
No I don't believe in true love

That disney princess shtick is hilarious
I HATE the concept

Attachment not found
Original post by clarencelauve
I believe in it, and I believe in soulmates, too. I believe that God has made a certain special person for everyone. However, not everyone in the world finds their true love/soulmate, which explains why there are a lot of divorces, separations, domestic violence, cheating, etc going on. Nonetheless there are a special few who do find it, and for some reason, I believe I will be one of them. :smile:

I wish and hope that there is such a thing as true love out there, but it seems to be conditioned a lot by evolutionary/survivalist factors.

Do you believe in Predestination by any chance? To me the statement sounds quite Calvinistic / Presbyterian, which is cool, I have a few friends who believe in Predestination. I personally believe it is something non-deterministic.
Reply 4
i believe in it but i don't think anyone every knows that their soulmate is the one. people are always trying to look for better when there is no better out there
Original post by clarencelauve

Without a doubt there is. But instead of fimding it, learn to give it instead, the rest will take care of it self :smile:
Reply 6
I believe in true love, but sometimes it scares me, because losing someone you love it kills, :frown: i have lost certain people in my life that i vauled, and now i feel like i'm all alone. I want someone to hold me and say, 'no matter what happens , i will always stay with you'. :redface: Love is when two people are commited to each other. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by TheLight2
Without a doubt there is. But instead of fimding it, learn to give it instead, the rest will take care of it self :smile:

Definitely :smile:
I believe in love but soulmates, definitely not. To think one person you have met out of 7.5 billion is your soulmate would be ridiculous. I think if a person somehow met 1000 people to try find love, at least 20 of them could become 'soulmates' and you could probably fall in love with 100/1000 of them too tbh.
No I don't my first proper experience with a boy has left me very cynical about the whole human kind ngl. but I guess I would still believe in some kinda love or pleasant union of people
I used to think it was a bunch of cringy bs. Then over xmas holidays I cheated on a girl from uni who I honestly believe is my soulmate and I'm currently in the worst period of my life ever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending