The Student Room Group

PGCE Funding and Application

Hi there,

I'm having trouble getting my head around exactly what, where and when I need to apply for funding for my PGCE.
I have a place on a course starting in September this year for Primary Education (5-11 pathway), do I qualify for both a Tuition Fee loan as well as a Maintenance Loan, the same as I did for my undergraduate? How do I do this - I saw someone saying it was the same process as an undergraduate loan? And when do I need to make my application?

I basically need it spelling out to me because I'm getting a headache from flicking between at least six different sites and not getting a clear application process from any of them.
Original post by ARL28
Hi there,

I'm having trouble getting my head around exactly what, where and when I need to apply for funding for my PGCE.
I have a place on a course starting in September this year for Primary Education (5-11 pathway), do I qualify for both a Tuition Fee loan as well as a Maintenance Loan, the same as I did for my undergraduate? How do I do this - I saw someone saying it was the same process as an undergraduate loan? And when do I need to make my application?

I basically need it spelling out to me because I'm getting a headache from flicking between at least six different sites and not getting a clear application process from any of them.

Hi ARL28,

PGCE courses are funded and applied for the same way as an undergraduate course, you can apply for funding just now at https://www.gov.uk/student-finance.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending