noavalens
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to do art and drama GCSE however my school makes me choose between one. I think it is easier to do Drama outside of school so I am taking art at school. Does anyone know where I can do GCSE drama in London
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by noavalens)
I want to do art and drama GCSE however my school makes me choose between one. I think it is easier to do Drama outside of school so I am taking art at school. Does anyone know where I can do GCSE drama in London
Nah they are both hard due to the coursework.

I'm fairly sure you have to do a performance for GCSE drama. It will be a pain to sort it
noavalens
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bill Nye)
Nah they are both hard due to the coursework.

I'm fairly sure you have to do a performance for GCSE drama. It will be a pain to sort it

Ah this sucks, thank you very much
Issakatie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do you do acting outside of school? u could always join one do lamda exams if that's what they're called
Nitr0dude
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
loool, I picked drama more because I wasnt really confident in secondary and it really helped but it was sooooo looong and i failed (Got a D). Really think about the subject before picking it. If you know your really good at Drama and into the subject then do it, but if your picking it because its easy, then don't because its really not and the grade boundaries have gone up so much. And if you do pick it, before doing the GCSE ( which I should of done), try and learn key terms before you enter the course that you can put in your coursework.
If you have a passion in drama then i hope you pick it and do the best you can, and good luck for art too.
noavalens
Rep:
?
(Original post by Issakatie)
do you do acting outside of school? u could always join one do lamda exams if that's what they're called
yes I already do LAMDA and did Grade 6 solo which I git distinction but it only counts as points, not an actual GCSE unfortunately
noavalens
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nitr0dude)
loool, I picked drama more because I wasnt really confident in secondary and it really helped but it was sooooo looong and i failed (Got a D). Really think about the subject before picking it. If you know your really good at Drama and into the subject then do it, but if your picking it because its easy, then don't because its really not and the grade boundaries have gone up so much. And if you do pick it, before doing the GCSE ( which I should of done), try and learn key terms before you enter the course that you can put in your coursework.
If you have a passion in drama then i hope you pick it and do the best you can, and good luck for art too.
I love both of the subjects equally and am so torn which one I'm going to pick if I can't do drama outside of school but everyone tells me art is the hardest so I am very confused with my choices
Issakatie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by noavalens)
yes I already do LAMDA and did Grade 6 solo which I git distinction but it only counts as points, not an actual GCSE unfortunately
Oh that's a shame u can't do the GCSE then. at least you'll get UCAS points in the future tho 👍
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
30.09%
No (309)
69.91%

Watched Threads