Old address on provisional, test is in late May - do I need to change it?

Watch
studphobic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I just temporarily moved to a different region for a temp job, but my mum has also moved from the address on my provisional - do I need to change it or can I wait until after my test? I'm nervous about sending it in and it getting sent back too late - particularly because my mum lives really far from me so picking it up last minute would be difficult. Any insight? I'm calling DVSA on Monday anyway, but I thought some of you might know.
suzysues
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When the examiner asks if the name and address on your licence are still the same, you will obviously say that your address has changed. Then, if you pass, make sure that he/she gives you back your licence so that you can send off for your full licence yourself. The only real difference is that it cannot be sent to you automatically - you will have to send for it yourself. Obviously, you need to do it as soon as possible as you have to have the correct address on your licence.

It will make no difference to the examiner, just make sure that they give it you back.
studphobic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by suzysues)
When the examiner asks if the name and address on your licence are still the same, you will obviously say that your address has changed. Then, if you pass, make sure that he/she gives you back your licence so that you can send off for your full licence yourself. The only real difference is that it cannot be sent to you automatically - you will have to send for it yourself. Obviously, you need to do it as soon as possible as you have to have the correct address on your licence.

It will make no difference to the examiner, just make sure that they give it you back.
Thank you this has helped clarify things for me!
EvilShubunkin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If the test is late May then you probably have time to get it changed - usually around 2 weeks for an address change.

But if you don't want to risk it then as above, tell the examiner the address is wrong and they'll give you the licence back at the end of the test and you have to send that, the certificate and D1 form (order it online or pick up from a post office) to the DVLA. When sending it off, ensure you take a photocopy of all items and send by Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery as the DVLA are not the greatest.

Certainly easier if the address is correct before taking test as the examiner keeps the licence and the new one appears within a couple of weeks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (609)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (757)
41.94%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.43%

Watched Threads