The Student Room Group

I'm 18 he's 24 tinder meetup?

Talked to this guy very briefly on tinder, he asked if I wanted to meet up tonight. He's 6 years older than me and has a job and everything whilst I am 18 and still in year 13. Told a couple of my friends about it and a few were like go for it but one of my friends told me she found it creepy and sounds dangerous.
We're meeting in a public place and its obvious we're both going after the same thing (one night stand not dating/potential relationship)

Does this seem creepy or weird, and should i be careful/more worried? am i being paranoid? or immature to think that this is normal?
As long as u are meeting in public n u told people where u will be and also try to keep in touch with them thru the night.. and don’t just go off with him the first night either n have sex..
It's totally fine.
Reply 3
As a 25 year old, sexually active male, this is a big red flag for me.

You might meet in public, it is very unlikely you'll be having sex in public though. Be careful.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Talked to this guy very briefly on tinder, he asked if I wanted to meet up tonight. He's 6 years older than me and has a job and everything whilst I am 18 and still in year 13. Told a couple of my friends about it and a few were like go for it but one of my friends told me she found it creepy and sounds dangerous.
We're meeting in a public place and its obvious we're both going after the same thing (one night stand not dating/potential relationship)

Does this seem creepy or weird, and should i be careful/more worried? am i being paranoid? or immature to think that this is normal?

Your either attracted to him or you are not, that should be all that matters. You don't need TSR to validate your choice of sexual relationships.
Reply 5
okay, so that is a very big age gap and you should be careful. i have once met up with a boy online, i took a bus with some friends and we got off the bus. i pretended to not know them but they stayed very close with me during the whole date. take some friends with you but make it look like they're not with you. add him on social media like instagram and see if he's legit and what he's like. it is always dangerous meeting someone online, you should be careful and a bit worried. private message me or reply if you have more questions.
Reply 6
or ask him and some friends and you and some friends to hang out and see what he's like
Reply 7
i personally don't see why a 24 yr old would want to be with an 18 yr old and not another 24 yr old. i wouldn't go for it myself. only go if you feel comfortable and confident with it. if you think it will make you feel uncomfortable then it's probably safer not to go!!
I getting creepy vibes here. my 19 y/o cousin once had a similar experience with 25 y/o guy who turned out to be really weird and tried to get her to come with his friends to his apartment. she was smart so she casually agreed and pretended to go to the bathroom after some eating and conversation. she escaped and never met him again
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous

If you're that fussed about the age gap then perhaps you shouldn't go

I went on a date from pof of a girl your age when I was a similar age to the guy you mentioned. I asked her about the age gap and she seemed fine with it as I was a bit apprehensive about it at the time. when i met her in person we actually got on super well......., after that age gaps bothered me less..
If you get along and he's a genuine guy then there's no problem. There have been fruitful relationships founded on this very site with around a 5 year age gap so an ONS is pretty straight forward.
(edited 5 years ago)
Can't you at least wait until a couple of dates / meetings until you sleep with him if that is what you want? He could be very rough with you if he knows you are meeting just to hook up for a one night stand? and then he will not want to see you again or only use you as booty call .There is always a risk if you are just meeting for a one off - if when you meet him you are really attracted to him (sometimes a person can seem great in a photo but when you meet up in person the photo has been cropped and edited so they look like a completely different person ) and are still attracted to him,it would be worth getting to know him a little so that you feel comfortable with him before you go to bed with him.
Whatever you decide to do stay safe - personally I would always worry in this day and age that someone I hadn't got to know might have hidden their mobile somewhere in their room (or where ever you bump bodies ) and I could be filmed.
Original post by itsyahg
okay, so that is a very big age gap and you should be careful. i have once met up with a boy online, i took a bus with some friends and we got off the bus. i pretended to not know them but they stayed very close with me during the whole date. take some friends with you but make it look like they're not with you. add him on social media like instagram and see if he's legit and what he's like. it is always dangerous meeting someone online, you should be careful and a bit worried. private message me or reply if you have more questions.

ok i think i'll ask for his instagram just to make sure hes normal lol

Original post by sofia00
i personally don't see why a 24 yr old would want to be with an 18 yr old and not another 24 yr old. i wouldn't go for it myself. only go if you feel comfortable and confident with it. if you think it will make you feel uncomfortable then it's probably safer not to go!!

i wasnt feeling uncomfortable until my friend expressed it might be dangerous.. so now im just getting a bit paranoid haha

Original post by Minionmum
Can't you at least wait until a couple of dates / meetings until you sleep with him if that is what you want? He could be very rough with you if he knows you are meeting just to hook up for a one night stand? and then he will not want to see you again or only use you as booty call .There is always a risk if you are just meeting for a one off - if when you meet him you are really attracted to him (sometimes a person can seem great in a photo but when you meet up in person the photo has been cropped and edited so they look like a completely different person ) and are still attracted to him,it would be worth getting to know him a little so that you feel comfortable with him before you go to bed with him.
Whatever you decide to do stay safe - personally I would always worry in this day and age that someone I hadn't got to know might have hidden their mobile somewhere in their room (or where ever you bump bodies ) and I could be filmed.

i get what you mean except im really not looking for a relationship or even like multiple meetings w someone bc i dont have time or emotional capacity to be dealing with that haha i was seeing someone quite casually like a month ago but it was still time consuming and a bit stressful. so yeah i think im just looking for one night stuff. maybe i sound desperate?
is it common for men to film stuff secretly??? ive never heard of that being a thing

Original post by vidda
As a 25 year old, sexually active male, this is a big red flag for me.

You might meet in public, it is very unlikely you'll be having sex in public though. Be careful.

is the red flag that neither you or any of your friends would ever consider an 18 yr old?

-----

thx everyone for the responses!!!
I think people are being a bit overprotective here. She’s wanting a ONS, why would she go to the trouble of going on dates with him? Huge waste of time and money.

OP, meet him in a public place (pub) get some alcohol down you and head back to his. If it feels dodgy then leave. I did the same thing when I was your age and all of the dudes were fine. Use protection, you don’t know where he’s been if he’s down to hook up with 18 year olds. Common sense is your pal.
Reply 14
Borderline. Must be plenty of people nearer your age who are up for it.
I don't understand

1. You want sex, you are over 18

2. He wants sex he is over 18

What's the problem!?

A lot of these posts mention "danger" but don't specify what the "danger" is.

Or how this "danger" relates to the age gap in any way.

Very, very strange replies to these threads.

I'm 28 and I target any women 18+ when I am picking them up off the street.
just be safe and don't accept an invite back to his

any weird behaviour - WALK!
update (in case anyone cares) i went and it was all fine lol thanks everyone
I really don't understand.

SHE WANTS TO HAVE SEX.

How can she have sex without going "back to his"!?

And why is everyone so suspicious when they are BOTH adults?

You guys on here are WEIRD!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending