Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service

Watch this thread
Maya memsaab
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
All I could think of was I've often had customers who couldn't find an item in their size so I would offer to order it in for them but I'm already using that for another answer.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mayavalentine)
All I could think of was I've often had customers who couldn't find an item in their size so I would offer to order it in for them but I'm already using that for another answer.
Think of a time where you went out of your way to help a customer who didn't ask for it. A situation in which you were being proactive and put in the extra work with respect to your responsibilities in making the customer feel valued. The example you provided is good. Perhaps you can think of another example for this or change your example for the other question.

Remember... STAR technique.
https://www.theguardian.com/careers/...ased-interview
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mayavalentine)

Hi,

It might be a good idea to think about combining different skills into your answer – for example, dealing with a customer complaint will show both customer service skills and demonstrate how you work well under pressure – all employers, no matter which industry they are in will certainly be interested in hearing how you turned a negative situation for the company into a positive one!

If you are struggling to think of an example, why not think about a time when you received poor customer service and what actions you would have taken at the time. You might be able to use this information to help remember situations from your own employment which could be used as a basis for your answer.

As the previous post highlights, the STAR technique is a brilliant way to organise your thoughts to ensure you are giving the interviewer all the information they need about your example!

If you would like to chat to our advisers about interview questions, you can reach us for free on 0800 100 900 or through our webchat options – you can also have a look at our Interview Section through the link below:

https://nationalcareersservice.direc...terview-advice

https://nationalcareersservice.direc...view-questions

I hope this is useful to begin with and feel free to get back in touch if there’s anything else we can help with!

Good luck!

Tom – National Careers Service team.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (31)
27.19%
As I expected (38)
33.33%
Harder (38)
33.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.14%

Watched Threads