Chemistry,biology and biochemistry book recommendations

Watch this thread
Erb123
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey does anyone know of any good chemistry or biology or biochemistry books I could read. (Not text books) I’m in A level and want to expand my knowledge on the subjects especially for when it comes to apply for universities, but am unsure on where to start.
Does anyone have any good recommendations?
username3830258
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Okay so it really depends what kind of university course you're going for but you can always refer to the suggested reading list for prospective students found on most department websites. I'm planning to study biochemistry so I definitely recommend either:
1- Essential Cell Biology (Alberts). Excellent transition from high school biology to more advanced topics in biochemistry
2- Molecular Biology of the cell (Alberts). This can work as a coursebook for a biochemistry degree too, lots of details and very very advanced.
3- Biochemistry Stryer. Great reference for the molecular basis of biology. However can be very overwhelming if you don't have a good base in biochem. Also works as a coursebook for uni degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (47)
26.4%
As I expected (59)
33.15%
Harder (64)
35.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.49%

Watched Threads